Error 21, 24

Started by chaosr1, April 15, 2007, 06:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaosr1

Hello
I am running 3 pc with icetv on all, up until today all was well. I bought a new Hp and tried installing pimp on the (home premium) and now all my machines cannot download the guide. What has happened?
I have not altered anything on any of the other machines.

jgrouse

Exactly the same issue here.

I was away from Wednesday.  Got home tonight and turned on the Vista MCE pc and I started getting 21 and 24 error codes when it tried to update the guide. 

Just tried updating to the new Pimp install for Vista and seem to be getting the same error.  Even tried a clean setup of the guide.

My current guide info only goes up till tomorrow so I hope you guys can resolve this pronto.

woohoo

Me too - I updated to new version of PIMP today and I'm now getting error 24.  Problem with connection to server?

When I updated I just installed over the old version (wasn't prompted to do otherwise).  Should I have uninstalled first?

Also - when PIMP has a new version available I get a popup which just says something like "there is a new version of this software.  Do you want it?" with nothing to identify it as IceTV or PIMP - just like some sort of malware.  It would be good if the team could sharpen that up a bit.

Russell at IceTV

Oops, we had a problem on the server.  It's all taken care of now though.  Sorry about that...

Russell

chaosr1

Quote from: russell on April 16, 2007, 12:06:47 AM
Oops, we had a problem on the server.  It's all taken care of now though.  Sorry about that...

Russell

Cheers Russell
I thought that might have been the case, well done on the quick fix.
Now to go and remove the "other" temp fixes I put in place last night. :o

woohoo

Thanks Russell

I'll keep my fingers crossed for when I get back home tonight.

franks902

I tried many times this morning at 7:30 am and I'm still getting error 24. Hope someone can help.

franks902

OK got home and tried again, all OK now.

Thanks