Almost ALL Monday's scheduled recordings/timers deleted

Started by BazzaG, September 16, 2019, 08:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BazzaG

Just noticed almost ALL of my IceTV scheduled recordings/timers for Monday had been deleted.

At 7:56pm I went to my Beyonwiz U4 OpenWebif to copy some files from the U4 to my PC. I noticed that the recording icon wasn't active. I then checked my list of timers and noticed that there were NO timers for Monday and there were only one completed timer for Monday - Fireman Sam at 7:25am (end 8:00am). I then checked my "Movies" list and noticed that Octonauts & Mastermind Australia hadn't been recorded.

On the IceTV website I checked "My Week" which indicated that all of the shows were still scheduled to be recorded ... and when I looked at 7:58pm the IceTV website indicated that the recording of Australian Story was active!!!! By default I start the recording 5 mins early.

The EPG on the U4 (OpenWebif) also didn't have the 'Timer' tag or icon. I immediately added a timer for Aus Story, 4 Corners, MW and Q&A.

Currently ALL the timers for Tuesday through to Sunday are still scheduled.

As for the U4 itself, it's normally in standby mode, it was switched on at about 8:15am this morning & my grandson watched a number of Octonauts episodes for about 90 mins. It was then switched off (standby) until about 2.15pm when my grandson watched 3 additional episodes of Octonauts before going home. The U4 remained on from then on.

I don't know how to find out when or how the timers were deleted. Nor do I know if this is a problem with the U4 itself or with IceTV.

I really want to know what went wrong and how it can be prevented from occurring again.

Barry...

Update...

Just noticed the thread: "Updates Failing 15 August 2019", suspect that my problem may be related. However, I don't remember seeing any error msg regarding IceTV.

If so, then why weren't my recordings rescheduled when the problem listed in that thread was fixed?

I would really, really like an answer if these 2 issues are related.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi BazzaG,

I can't see anything specifically in your account that shows these episodes being cancelled by the IceTV server, but also no messages from your Beyonwiz to say that it had cancelled them.

I don't suppose you have debug logging enabled?

Hopefully prl has some ideas on where to go next.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

BazzaG

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on September 17, 2019, 09:47:43 AM
I don't suppose you have debug logging enabled?

Yes, if it's on by default. No, if it's not.

I'm still very much a newby with regards to the U4 ... there are so many options, settings, etc. etc.

I checked my timers this morning and they are still active.

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

Quote from: BazzaG on September 16, 2019, 08:59:26 PM
I really want to know what went wrong and how it can be prevented from occurring again.

Have you recently upgraded the U4's firmware from USB (i.e. not an online upgrade)?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

BazzaG

Quote from: prl on September 17, 2019, 10:12:29 AM
Debug logging is not enabled by default.

What I thought and which I presume means that I can't find out when & how they were deleted.

Not sure there is much point to turning it on because this is the 1st time it's happened and may (hopefully) be the last time!!!

prl

Quote from: BazzaG on September 17, 2019, 10:17:08 AM
Quote from: prl on September 17, 2019, 10:12:29 AM
Debug logging is not enabled by default.

What I thought and which I presume means that I can't find out when & how they were deleted.

That's correct. The only logging of what's happened to a timer is in the timer itself (which disappears if the timer is deleted) and in the debug logs.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

BazzaG

Quote from: prl on September 17, 2019, 10:15:08 AM
Have you recently upgraded the U4's firmware from USB (i.e. not an online upgrade)?

Yes, last Thursday at approx. 1pm. Went from 17.5 to the current 19.3 via USB.

No issues noted, everything appeared fine.

The Monday timers were definitely all in the queue on Sunday and the Monday morning recording of Fireman Sam ran OK. So they must have been deleted sometime after that.

But when I have no idea. The U4 was inuse but I didn't do anything other than play some Octonauts episodes during the day, ie. I didn't check or anything.

prl

Quote from: BazzaG on September 17, 2019, 10:26:12 AM
The Monday timers were definitely all in the queue on Sunday and the Monday morning recording of Fireman Sam ran OK. So they must have been deleted sometime after that.

I was going to ask whether you did a settings backup on the U4 immediately before you did the update, because not doing that can cause the IceTV server to be out of sync with the timers that are on the Beyonwiz (because an old copy of the timers file was restored). But if the update was on Thursday and Monday's timers were there on Sunday, that seems to rule that possibility out.

You still should make sure that you do a settings backup before every USB firmware update. If you forget, you can fix it by going to My Account>My Recorders>My Recorder Name, and clicking on Resend all recordings for this device. Then on The Beyonwiz MENU>IceTV>Fetch EPG and update timers now.

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to do the resend anyway, to make sure that all your timers are up-to-date.

Without the debug log, I can't think of anything else that might have caused the problems. On Thursday evening there were some late changes to the SBS schedule, and some Beyonwiz users reported problems with  them, but no-one seems to have had any timers affected other than those ones that recorder on Thursday night.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

BazzaG

Quote from: prl on September 17, 2019, 02:47:13 PM
I was going to ask whether you did a settings backup on the U4 immediately before you did the update.

Yes I did and ran the restore whan requested.

If you forget, you can fix it by going to My Account>My Recorders>My Recorder Name, and clicking on Resend all recordings for this device.

I did this but given the time constraints I doubt I gave this option enough time to complete before I added the timers manually.

Then on The Beyonwiz MENU>IceTV>Fetch EPG and update timers now.

Didn't do this though.

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to do the resend anyway, to make sure that all your timers are up-to-date.

I've checked through the list several times & they are still correct as of his reply. But I will do so anyway.

Without the debug log, I can't think of anything else that might have caused the problems. On Thursday evening there were some late changes to the SBS schedule, and some Beyonwiz users reported problems with  them, but no-one seems to have had any timers affected other than those ones that recorder on Thursday night.

There was this thread:
http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/beyonwiz/17/updates-failing-15-august-2019/6215/

with an update by Daniel @ 09:52 saying that it was all fixed. From problem description I thought there might be a chance that it caused my problem.

Anyway, all seems good now, so thanks muchly for your help.