Travel Oz - no season and episode numbers

Started by Peter_H, June 19, 2019, 08:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter_H

I'm in Sydney using Plex and HDHR tuner.
Now, I'm not particularly a fan or expert on this Travel Oz show - I've never actually watched an episode yet!
But I thought I might take a look at it, so I added it to my recording schedule, and have noticed that it has no season or episode numbers.  I couldn't find it on Trakt.tv or thetvdb.com either.  But I did find an official site to the show at traveloztv.com
So I thought, as a learning exercise, I'd try to add the show to thetvdb and trakt myself
So I've added 4 seasons and all episodes for each season including a name and description for each episode, copying and pasting direct from the shows own site.
The tvdb ID is #365661
However, the episode names appear to be similar but not identical to the ones shown on your guide. 
And the episode dates are also different (and a little more time-consuming to get from the official site) so I have not added these into thetvdb.
Is this tvdb information I have added something you can use in your guide?
If not, is there a better way I could have done this to make it useful?
Regards,
Peter
Using Plex on QNAP NAS & NVidia Shield. In Sydney

Peter_H

Further to the above, I've attached a list of episodes cut and pasted from the show's website.
Based on that, the 10 episodes you have screened for the next week, would (by rough title match) be matched to the following episodes.
But the dates on your episodes not only have no correlation to the dates on the show's site, but neither do they match the order of the episode numbers.
Yet your descriptions of the episodes are better than the one's on the show's site.  So perhaps the show's own site isn't that reliable?
I hope my first addition to thetvdb hasn't been faulty information!?
Here are the episodes...
8/28/14 = 3x24
8/24/14 = 2x01
5/11/15 = ??
1/25/15 = 3x13
4/26/14 = 4x01
11/23/14 = 3x27
8/31/14 = 2x03
9/1/14 = 2x04
8/9/14 = 3x28
6/7/15 = 2x06
Using Plex on QNAP NAS & NVidia Shield. In Sydney

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Adding these to the TVDB is definitely helpful, this will also help you within Plex as well.

Sadly there is a lot of times where Australian broadcasters don't always air shows in order, but if the details are in TVDB then it will definitely be much easier to add them to our guide.

The descriptions will always be a little different as for copyright reasons we write our own.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.