New openshop channel 75 issues

Started by ChrisW, August 03, 2019, 11:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisW

I have rescanned my Beyonwiz, which detected the new channel 75, complete with guide data. I'm getting picture, but no audio.

I rescanned my Skippa but it does not appear to have detected 75.

I rescanned my old Topfield 5000, and it doesn't pick up 75 either. Even thought it is SD, it still can access HD channels - but just audio, no video.

Also, in my IceTV account Guide Settings, 75 does not appear.

Any thoughts on any of these issues? I'm in Sydney.

MD

Hi Chris,

Can you post this as a support ticket on our website then we can among the issue with you.

MD

Hi ChrisW,

I found you in our system but no matter as IceTV does not support ch75 - 'Openshop', a shopping channel owned by Seven Networkl.  The reason being that it is not, as best we understand, suitable for TV recording. I don't understand why the Skippa hasn't found it except to suggest it was set up before the channel existed and cannot be updated as the manufacturer has closed down in Australia.

ChrisW

Thanks MD.

The strange part is the Beyonwiz had correct guide data until I've now cleared the EPG cache. Now it is blank. And I still have no audio on that channel.

I seem to recall talk years ago about MPEG2 vs other formats. Could 75 be a different format, not supported by the Topfield or Skippa?

I've never actually used the TV tuner before, always watching TV content via attached devices. I've just rescanned the TV and it has picked up 75 and has audio, so at least I have an option if I ever do want to watch it.

IanL-S

They are using (I think) MPG4 - h.364. MediaInfo indicates that 720*576 ((16:9), at 25,000 FPS, AVC (PAL) (Mai@L3) (CABAC / 2 Ref Frames).

The Video codec is AVC - used for HD transmissions and the audio codec is ACC LC SBR PS. Seven HD (in Melbourne at least) uses AC-3 for the audio codec. So it may be that the audio codec is not supported by the particular player. My dim recollection is that the audio codec used can differ but all h.364 use AVC for the video codec.

Update: Yes differing sound codec are used, so different programs can have different codec. Just depends which one you look at. The one I looked at was for Kitchen Nightmares (USA). The codec is question is apparently optimised for streaming rather than free to air.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

prl

Quote from: ChrisW on August 04, 2019, 08:26:38 AM
I seem to recall talk years ago about MPEG2 vs other formats. Could 75 be a different format, not supported by the Topfield or Skippa?

Openshop is MPEG4 SD.

But there are already a number of MPEG4 SD channels. Here in Canberra, it's:
SBN
Aspire
9Life
GOLD
Sky News on WIN
ishoptv
7flix
RACING.COM

In Sydney and Melbourne, it looks like it's
openshop
7food network
RACING.COM

Openshop isn't in my list for Canberra, because it's not broadcast in Canberra.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

IanL-S

Think there is something odd in my last post - why would Kitchen Nightmares be on Openshop. So did now test looking both at Openshop and 7Food network. Both were using H.264 MPEG with SD resolution, and MediaInfo gives the following details for Audio:
QuoteAudio
ID                                       : 882 (0x372)
Menu ID                                  : 1335 (0x537)
Format                                   : AAC LC SBR PS
Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity with Spectral Band Replication and Parametric Stereo
Commercial name                          : HE-AACv2
Format settings                          : NBC
Muxing mode                              : LATM
Codec ID                                 : 17-2
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel layout                           : C
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                               : 23.438 FPS (2048 SPF)
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Language                                 : English

The audio Codec causes problems with my Toppys - out of sequence - which suggests that the Toppy firmware has not been optimised to deal with the Codec being used. Both my LG TVs were OK.

On the EPG issue after rescan with Beyonwiz it is sometimes necessary to stop then restart IceTV.

Update: The files seem to play OK - no obvious sync issue.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

ChrisW

Thanks for all the responses.

Would be interested to know if anyone else in Sydney with a Skippa detects 75. Mine has never had a problem with new channels in the past.

I'll also have a play with the audio output settings on the Beyonwiz.

IanL-S

Have not done a test with my one working Skippa. Have not looked at it for months. Not sure it is still working. Already had one die on me.

Ian
Synology NAS

IanL-S

When I did a scan Openshop was found. Sound seemed to be OK. So not seem to be a problem in Melbourne.
Ian
Synology NAS