"Couldn't match IceTV channel to MCE channel" with PIMP 2.0.0.9 on MCE 2005

Started by cactoid, March 27, 2007, 06:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactoid

Hi,

I get errors like this in my PIMP event log:

Couldn't match the specified channel in the downloaded IceTV channel lineup/program to the local MCE channel lineup.  Verify that your online configuration is correct.
- - - - - - SchedulerTimerTaskData
- - - - - - - Pimp Channel ID: 72
- - - - - - - Pimp Channel Name: Prime Southern HD
- - - - - - - Pimp Network Name:
- - - - - - - Start: 28/03/2007 10:40:00 AM (28/03/2007 8:40:00 PM local)

How does PIMP match MCE channels? Is it based purely on the channel's name?

I don't have a "Prime Southern HD" in my config, only "Prime Southern" (Prime HD rarely broadcasts IIRC).

Also, I don't see a way in the web GUI to delete programs that are scheduled to record on this channel. In fact, take 'Heroes' for example, not only can I not delete this series recording, when I search for 'Heroes' to record on the non-HD channel, it doesn't show up (only the HD instance does).

I hope I've explained that adequately..

cheers.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Yes, it matches on channel name.

In this case it looks like you have scheduled the recording on the HD channel, but this has not been setup on your MCE machine.

You can disable the HD channels in the PIMP website so that shows on those channels no longer show up, this is done under the Options tab of the PIMP website.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

zebadiah81

I have updated to 2.0.0.13, and I am getting the same error message...

Quote from: Daniel Hall on March 29, 2007, 03:38:21 PM
Yes, it matches on channel name.

um, I know this sounds dumb, but which part of the name? I have a rather confusing setup, and I don't know which part is breaking the system:

In the MCE "Edit Channels" screen, I selected all the HD channels, and un-selected all the SD channels, and then in the "Add Listings" screen, I added the listing for the SD channel to their HD counterpart ('cause the HD listing shows what is in HD, not what is playing on the channel...)

so, for example, I have the channel "Ten HD" assigned to channel #1, but showing the guide listing for "Ten".  the channel name (as appears throughout the MCE) is "Ten", but PIMP can't find it.

any ideas?

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The match is against the channel name that is displayed in the guide.

So if the guide lists the channel as "Ten", then you will have to have scheduled the recording to be on "Ten" (and not "Ten HD") under the PIMP website.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.