Doubled up recording

Started by csutak40, November 21, 2018, 09:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grampus

Daniel,
Thanks for the update.

I hadn't taken notice the Ice logo difference on the timers.
but having said that, currently, I have a number of times that are not duplicated that don't have the logo.

Current plane would be to delete all timers and resend them.

On the split recording, I have had this on a T3 and U4.
Currently only using the U4

This problem appeared to be an unbidden GUI restart.  Reason unknown.
I went through a few iterations of add ons to see if that was the issue.
Generally it seems to me to be associated with Series to folder, and directory number count add ons
But. after going back to square one.  Initialise the box U4, then reinstall 20190207 17.5 f/w. then add n the series to folder, and numcount, all has seemed to be stable since then.  a couple of months now..

Oops put my foot in it there.     it'll rear its ugly head after I said that.
BeyonWiz, T3

BazzaG

Thanks for the update Daniel.

MD

Hi Grampus,

I've had this issue on my U4 for a few months.  Last Wednesday at about 9:30pm I did just as you did with a re-install of the firmware and a re-install of the series folder on Saturday, but I don't use the number count.  This Wednesday my first recording - ABC News split into two and the following Masterchef did too.  In the past a recording of Masterchef once split into about 12 (!) but interestingly my logs, when examined by Dan,  didn't show all 'split' episodes.  So keep your fingers crossed!!  I have seen random GUI restarts whilst watching a recording but we wondered if that was due to updating the last software update via on-line update, hence the USB update re-install last week.

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: MD on June 06, 2019, 05:13:28 PM
...This Wednesday my first recording - ABC News split into two and the following Masterchef did too.  In the past a recording of Masterchef once split into about 12 (!) but interestingly my logs, when examined by Dan,  didn't show all 'split' episodes.

Your "split-recording" issues may be the result of a GUI crash, and there may have been crash logs written at the time.
Have a look in /home/root/logs/ for crash logs (of the form Enigma2_crash_{date/time}.log). 

Cheers,
Geoff

csutak40

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on June 06, 2019, 01:50:50 PM
One question I have for the people experiencing this, do you have the USB tuner installed and enabled?
There is n USB tuner on the T4 (AFIK)
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

csutak40

Quote from: grumpy_geoff on June 06, 2019, 03:23:44 PM

I'm getting it on our T4 which doesn't allow the use of the USB tuner (demuxer limit).
I know Judy is also getting it on her T4 (and also on her T2 going by the thread).

The T2 (which does have the USB tuner enabled) seems to behaving ATM
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

I now checked.  Up till next Tuesday 99% of my timers have no IceTV Icon.  After Tuesday, the icon has re-appeared for all of them.  That must have to do with Daniel's fix.
I also noticed something else.  I deleted a series recording yesterday, but none of the times have gotten deleted off the Wiz.
So, would the best course of action be to delete all the times with no icon an see if they get re-sent with the icon?
Cheers,
Judy

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: csutak40 on June 06, 2019, 09:07:13 PM
I also noticed something else.  I deleted a series recording yesterday, but none of the times have gotten deleted off the Wiz.
That's because the associated timers are missing the 'ice_timer_id' attribute so they can't be identified to delete.

Quote from: csutak40
So, would the best course of action be to delete all the times with no icon an see if they get re-sent with the icon?

I wouldn't bother as the timers are there and you've got a lot to delete. If there is a time change then IceTV will send an update through and this will generate a new timer for that event, but the old timer can't be identified to delete so you can then simply delete the matching "non-Ice" timer.

prl

I suggest that anyone who's having problems with these doubled up timers update to newer firmware - 20190630 or later.

Those versions have a fix that should help with the problems.

20190630 is the release firmware for the V2, but it's still being marked as "public beta" for other models.

If you're upgrading from any 17.5 series firmware version, just save your settings, upgrade and restore settings.

If you're upgrading from 16.1 series firmware, you'll need to redo your settings from scratch.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

csutak40

Quote from: prl on July 30, 2019, 09:19:46 AM
I suggest that anyone who's having problems with these doubled up timers update to newer firmware - 20190630 or later.

I just know I'm going to regret asking...
Firstly, is it safe to install, or should I wait for the official release?
Secondly, (if yes) where do I find it?  (yes, I did look, I did find the download for V2, but I don't know if you meant we should use that for the T series, or the beta version for those are hidden somewhere I can't find?  I would appreciate a link
Cheers,
Judy

prl

Quote from: csutak40 on July 30, 2019, 03:43:02 PM
Quote from: prl on July 30, 2019, 09:19:46 AM

I just know I'm going to regret asking...

Not sure why. They're all perfectly reasonable questions.

Firstly, is it safe to install, or should I wait for the official release?

I'm running the latest public beta on the T4 we actually use for recordings (I have a bunch of test machines, too). That version is 20190718. But it's up to you, really.

Secondly, (if yes) where do I find it?  (yes, I did look, I did find the download for V2, but I don't know if you meant we should use that for the T series, or the beta version for those are hidden somewhere I can't find?  I would appreciate a link

The V2 firmware won't install on your T2 or T4, and shouldn't be used on them anyway.

The 20190718 firmware for the T2 and T4 are hidden away a bit, but you can find them here. (In the Beyonwiz forum in Public Beta (Enter at your own Risk) > beyonwiz-19.3 20190630). The 20190630 is in the first post in that topic.

However, if you're going to go with the 19.3 series firmware, I recommend going straight to 20190718, because there are problems doing an online upgrade from 20190630 to more recent versions. Those problems are fixed in 20190718.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

csutak40

Cheers,
Judy

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

csutak40

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on November 22, 2018, 05:29:58 PM
And this particular bug has been found and fixed on the IceTV server end, but there looks to still be some cases that can cause duplicate timers, but will have to deal with each when we can get examples of each.
This is happening again (still?)
I am now on the V2 and has been happening a few times, but was having other (teething) problems, so didn't worry about mentioning it.  In some cases I noticed it before it actually recorded, so deleted one
It seems to be becoming more frequent

Cheers,
Judy

IanL-S

I have not seen doubled up recordings for a long time on either my U4 or T2s.

Am I correct in assuming that they are all on 10 Network (Ten). If they are on 10, are they both on HD, both on SD one one of each. I had a similar issue some months back on one of Toppys, in that case sheduled for both ABC and ABC HD. I have removed all the SD LCN for which there is a HD version so no longer prone to the problem.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help