Large Icons and missing sync now

Started by kgl, October 30, 2018, 08:40:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kgl

Hi

Recently I noticed some strange changes in the app (Nexus 9 on Nougat.)

The lists in Coming Soon, My Week and My Series look normal until I open the programme details.

The Yellow Star Icon and the Red Series Record Icons look larger than normal with obvious pixelated edges.

The red icon for Episode scheduled to record is so large in My Week it looks grotesque.

Finally, I can no longer find the Sync Now feature which I used to use sometimes if I had to make program changes due to recording conflicts.

Regards, Greg

MD

Hi,  we are working on it asap today.  We had to do a major Android update, instigated by Google: "starting November 1, 2018, updates to apps and games on Google Play will be required to target Android Oreo (API level 26) or higher.".  We ran the update through the Google simulators with no problems but a few bugs have still crept through.

One question - what do you mean by the sync now feature as, somewhat embarrassingly, we are unsure what that feature is?!

prl

I would have guessed (for Android phones with a dedicated menu touch button next to the home button), tap menu, tap Sync. But that is there for me and works as expected.

Perhaps it's another "text same colour as background" bug (as has been reported elsewhere on the forum for the recording setup screen).

My setup:
IceTV Android app 1.35
Android 5.0.1
Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-i9505)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Yes, it looks like this is the cause of the 'missing' sync option for people, the menu is still there but without the dedicated menu button on the phone there is nothing to trigger it.

We will have a think about what the best way of handling this going forward will be.

As for the large icons (and the white text on which background) we are hoping to have a new version out within the next day or two to fix these issues.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

kgl

Hi all.

I've been out and only just able to reply now.

Looks like the cause of the missing Sync Now feature has been identified. I can't remember where it was but it was on the bottom right of the screen when it was visible. It had 3 vertical dots with Sync Now next to it.

I found it useful to refresh the app with my BW U4. If I had a timer conflict I would make adjustments on the BW, using the Yellow EPG search button to find repeats, eg The Living Room and from the results set a new timer for the repeat and then cancelling the original conflicting timer. I could then activate a timer for the programme that had failed to schedule a recording. After making the adjustments on the BW, I would then use the Sync Now to bring the app inline with the BW. I find it easier to do this on the BW than the app itself.

prl

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on October 30, 2018, 02:52:10 PM
As for the large icons (and the white text on which background) we are hoping to have a new version out within the next day or two to fix these issues.

Thanks Daniel, though I can now tap blind in just the right place in the dropdowns to make the two changes I want - setting the right recorder and setting "prefer HD". :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Daniel Hall at IceTV

We have just published an update to the app (version 1.36) that fixes the issue with the icons and the white text on a white background on Android 5, it should update on your phones in the next couple of hours.

As for the sync option, well actually entire options menu we will be looking at a way to bring that functionality back, but it would be a bigger structural change so might not make it out until next week sometime.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

eafywan

Has there been any update to the sync option missing? For my device, there is no way to force a sync on the app so you have to wait to see if the changes made have updated. I used to be able to long press the back button for this but that doesn't seem to have worked for a long time now.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi eafywan,

We were not able to get an elegant way to bring that menu back.

However we have overhauled the app and the way it communicates with the server, so if you perform an action in the app the results will be downloaded by the app immediately. It can take up to 15 minutes for your PVR to then confirm any changes to timers as well, and the app will automatically update itself every 15 minutes as well. With these changes we haven't seen the need to try and get the sync button back in somewhere as it hasn't been necessary.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

eafywan