Timer status not updating

Started by DeltaMikeCharlie, June 16, 2018, 10:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaMikeCharlie

I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong, or if there is a bug in the API.

When I receive a new timer from ICE with a "waiting" status, I create the timer on the PVR and then send back a status update to "pending".  However, this status is not always reflected on the ICE portal.  Normally, the timer icon on the portal will change from "Queued Single Recording" to "Single Recording" when the "pending" status is returned.

It seemed to happen more prominently for the last timer in a group of timers.  However, I just did a quick test as I was preparing for this post and I found that it seems to always be the last timer that is not correctly updated, regardless of how many were processed.

As a test:  I started with 2 groups of 3 timers.  In the first group, all 3 timers showed as "Single Recording", however, in the second group, only the first 2 showed as "Single Recording" and the third showed as "Queued Single Recording".  The timers were in this state for several polling cycles and in my log file I could see ICE continuously sending "waiting" messages for the "Queued Single Recording" timer, even though I was continuously sending "pending" responses.

I then created another single timer and then the last timer of the second group suddenly became a "Single Recording" and now the new single timer appears to be stuck on "Queued Single Recording".

Has any one else encountered this issue?

Also, this only seems to happen with timers sent from ICE.  If I create a timer on the PVR and then send it to ICE, the ICE portal immediately shows the timer as "Single Recording" but leaves the previous "Queued Single Recording" still in its "waiting" state.

Perhaps a workaround would be to never accept an ICE timer.  Always send a deletion request back to ICE for timers created by the portal, but then create a manual timer on the PVR for the same event and post that manual timer to ICE as a new timer.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi DeltaMikeCharlie,

Can you send any more details including the accounts being used (and any id's that you have) to developer@icetv.com.au so we can check it out.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

DeltaMikeCharlie

Hi Daniel,

Did you receive the email that I sent on 17-June?

Has there been any progress on this issue?

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi DeltaMikeCharlie,

Yes, I have the email but unfortunately have not been able to dig through the issue as yet.

Will hopefully have something back to you in the first half of next week with some other observations on the interaction of the TAP as well.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.