MasterChef On Seven?!

Started by themolk, May 07, 2018, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themolk

I set MasterChef to record tonight on Ten because I'd be busy.

I just checked tonight and the entire channel date for Seven is showing as Ten's content (so no actual MasterChef recorded instead it recorded what was House Rules but as if it were MasterChef).

I checked my LCN mappings on the account on the IceTV website - all correct. Check my channel mappings on my device - all correct.

I resent all my recordings for the device from the website and the data that came through from IceTV was incorrect. (See attached image.)

So... what happened, why, and how do we make sure it doesn't happen again? This doesn't really engender trust in a company desperately in need of that from its customers.

themolk

9:44pm update - a push came through that fixed the Seven guides. Hmm. Doesn't solve my missing Ten recordings.

MD

Hi Steve,

What can I say, "shit happens", and if it can happen it eventually will.  Not that it's a good excuse but human errors can happen and when they do we do our best do design them out, as we will after investigating how to do so in the wash up of this event. I'd rather have found out the possibility of this human error outside of prime time and the premiers of two major reality TV shows but I guess that's Murphy's Law.  Apologies are somewhat futile but I assure you my guide team are upset with themselves and the knowledge that they spoilt the evening's TV viewing for many customers in Brisbane. We will endeavour to ensure it never happens again.

themolk

Thanks for correcting it so quickly last night.

Please understand my original post was borne in frustration at a system that otherwise has normally worked very well then failed at a most inopportune time.

I appreciate it has altered your processes so that it doesn't happen again. Thank you.

Tiphanee

Hi Steve,

Many thanks for your note regarding the issue last night with the 7 and 10 programming.

My Guide team member who made the initial mistake attempted to correct it as soon as it was brought to her attention but unfortunately, as already mentioned, it was too late for the Masterchef/House Rules recordings. The error occurred during the late afternoon checks when Masterchef was extended by 15 minutes and the change was predicted through to the wrong channel in Brisbane.

As you would appreciate, accuracy is of the upmost importance for the IceTV brand and we have had discussions in-house today of how best to alleviate this type of error from occurring in the future.

Enjoy the rest of your evening,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader