No Guide Data for current showings only the ones coming up

Started by denny09, March 31, 2018, 01:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

denny09

When you download xmltv data it doesn't include what is currently showing I was thinking it was emby fault but discovered that is not there is no guide data for what is on at the moment.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi denny09,

If using the setup guide from https://www.icetv.com.au/xmltv if you download right now all the guide data for today is included in the file from Midnight this morning, if the current show is not showing up in Emby them Emby (or the front end) is not importing it.

I personally have seen this issue with a combination of TVHeadend and using Kodi as the frontend, the data was in TVHeadend but when the guide was updated into Kodi the current show was not brought across.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

denny09

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for replying that is what I thought all along I was trying to troubleshoot why always at night 9 pm and after emby downloads the guide and is blank for the next hour or so and I never noticed it when I use wget and then import so emby devs have made changes so I kept trying than last night emby scheduled tasks to import the guide started few minutes before I went to look guide it had green mile movie and some movie on sbs so I got on my htpc downloaded the xmltv using the same instructions as you posted and opened the file and typed green mile and sbs movie it was there but everything else wasn't so it wasn't emby issue there isn't data for those shows.

Considering I only noticed it happens late at night 9 pm and after could this be something to with time difference I can email you the xmltv file and the screenshot of what was on at the time to confirm that.

Have a Happy Easter

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi denny09,

I must have missed part of the reply before, but having a look now, with daylight savings and being in Perth a guide update at around 9pm Perth local time may have missed the current shows for the rest of the day.

This isn't how it should be though, and now with daylight savings ended in the Eastern states it should be better (it shouldn't show up until updates after 10pm local time). I will check out the server and see if this can be fixed.

This also assumes that Emby just drops the current guide data and loads what is in the file.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

denny09

Thanks Daniel,

Yes emby clears all the data that is why it was blank when emby did the guide update around 9pm. That would be excellent if it can be looked at if you need testers I am ready to test.