U4 schedule change produces multiple timers for same program

Started by IanL-S, February 09, 2018, 04:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

On Saturday 7flix Melbourne has replaced 3 episodes of Bones with a movie - it the update process I have 3 recordings scheduled for the movie. Early on Saturday morning I have three timers scheduled for "Ricky Gervais Live: Politics", which as far as I am aware I have never scheduled.

I have checked on the U4 and those programs are not scheduled; the prior programs are scheduled (Bones in the first instance and 30 Rock and Parks and Recreation (which I have series recording set). Not sure if it is an IceTV or Beyonwiz issue.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Tiphanee

Hi Ian,

Many thanks for your note. Unfortunately, 7Flix changed its line up for Saturday (and for nearly the whole day!) during checks this morning. Programming was changed from 11am right through to 11.20pm. If your Beyonwiz hasn't updated you will need to delete the incorrect programming. 

Cheers,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

IanL-S

Had to delete them from the U4, once this happened the timers disappeared from the U4 my week listing.

One thing I cannot understand is why 30 Rock and Parks and Recreation were scheduled by IceTV on Sunday morning - they were not scheduled on my Toppys.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Ian,

Definitely a weird one, we have enabled additional logging on your account to try and gather some more information.

Can you tell us what version of the IceTV plugin you are using on your U4?
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on February 09, 2018, 05:40:19 PM
Definitely a weird one, we have enabled additional logging on your account to try and gather some more information.

There's been at least three other posts of a similar issue.

IanL-S

Daniel, U4 firmware version is 17.5.20180202 (17.5-245-g46b3f55) and IceTV PlugIn 20171208.

Ian
Synology NAS

IanL-S

Just noticed that on my TRF-2400 despite the schedule change episodes of Bones purported to record - the content was as expected part of the movie. Looks like IceTV server is not sending a message to devices to delete the timers.

Still have no idea why timers for 30 Rock and Parks and Recreation for early Sunday morning were sent to the U4. They were not sent to my TRF-5300.

Ian
Synology NAS

IanL-S

The problem arose again yesterday. Two programs had multiple timers: Madam Secretary (Ten HD, two timers both in MyWeek and U4) and Cold Case (9Gem 3 timers in My Week but only 2 on the U4)). When I checked the U4 I also looked at the EPG and the times on the EPG did not agree with any of the times on the timers. (I posted this issue on the Beyonwiz forum yesterday and Peter noted that the times on the U4 do not correspond to times on the MyWeek listing.) As I was heading interstate I just made a best guess deletion of the timers on the U4. I did not have time to check if there were similar issues with the T2 which had similar schedules.

I did get timer-clash emails from my 7100+ about Madam Secretary but again I did not have time to investigate before heading off.

Synology NAS

prl

IanL-S posted some screenshots of his IceTV Web My Week page and the Beyonwiz Open Webif summaries of the timers in the Beyonwiz forum.

I wasn't really able to contribute much in my response beyond making some notes about some of the details of the timers.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

IanL-S

Not one of my better days - forgot to attach the screen shots!

Synology NAS

grumpy_geoff

I've posted on the Beyonwiz forum some details showing that I believe this is an IceTV server-side issue.  The scheduling server appears, in certain circumstances, to ignore the existing timer and issue a new timer for a scheduling time change - http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=12276&p=164689#p164688

Cheers
Geoff