Updating Topfield 6000 by USB only

Started by Yeldarb, February 24, 2007, 10:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yeldarb

Right now I'm having trouble getting the ICE Tap to fetch the Ice EPG via the AP.

So I'm wondering if it's possible to update them via USB instead just to get me going?

Thanks
Brad

Daniel Hall at IceTV

You can run the TF6000PVRt in the same way as the TF5000PVRt, using a USB connection and a PC to update the guide, simply use the standard IceGuide4Topfield Setup program on the computer to install the necessary software and drivers to get you going.

The setup guide is available at http://www.icetv.com.au/setuptop5k.php.

The other option is to run the TF6000PVRt TAP as normal and you can then use the IceGuide4Topfield application (installed using the setup mentioned above) to download the guide files (the guide files are the same on the TF6000PVRt and the TF5000PVRt). You will just need to transfer the files manually to the Topfield. Simply untick the box marked "Upload Immediately" in the IceGuide4Topfield application and then perform a "Fetch" of the guide. Once complete the files you will need can be found under "C:\Program Files\IceGuide4Topfield\XML". You will need to copy all of the files marked "XXXXXXXX_XXXXXXXX_EPG_CACHE" and the "map.ini" file to a folder on the Topfield called "/ICE/", once on there the ICE_NET_Loader TAP will automatically read these files into memory and you should be right to go.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.