Beyondwiz U4

Started by 2353, December 07, 2017, 11:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I know there are few if any in the wild yet - but is the Beyondwiz U4 compatible with IceTV? My Toppy 2460 is dying and I'm considering replacements.

Gary

Definitely supports IceTV.

prl

I've tested IceTV on it. I'm just about to add the U4 device code to the Beyonwiz IceTV plugin.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Thanks all - I might order myself a Christmas present.

IanL-S

Quote from: 2353 on December 07, 2017, 11:34:41 AM
I know there are few if any in the wild yet - but is the Beyondwiz U4 compatible with IceTV? My Toppy 2460 is dying and I'm considering replacements.

If you going into the devices section of My Account you will see that the U-4 is already listed there. The big question is, of course, will the land in Australia before Christmas. Apparently Beyonwiz doubts that all pre-orders will make it to buyers before Christmas, with some arriving between Christmas and New Year. There is supposed to be an update on Monday.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

prl

While the U4 is powered by a different chipset series from the Beyonwiz T series (in particular an ARM processor rather than MIPS), and will have new low-level drivers, it runs the same UI code as the T series, and will have the same UI features apart from differences due to the hardware: e.g. the U4 supports 2160p video out, while the T series variously only supported 1080i or 1080p.

So don't expect a big "new experience" from the U4 compared to the T series.

Also, the numbering in the U4 designation is different from that for the T series. For the T2, T3 and T4, the number designated the number of built-in tuners, and the T2 and T3 could add a USB tuner to take their tuner count, respectively, to 3 and 4.

In a departure from that, although the U4 has "4" in its designation, it only has 3 internal tuners (but is capable of supporting 4 tuners). A 4th USB tuner is included with the device.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Quote from: IanL-S on December 15, 2017, 07:09:45 AM
.... There is supposed to be an update on Monday. ...

I just got an email update from Beyonwiz:
QuoteFirst Shipment due to arrive next week, be quick and secure your U4 now before they sell out!

Production on the all new Beyonwiz U4 is underway with the first shipment due to land next week. The original allotment for air freight was sold out but due to popular demand we have upped the Qty's by approx 100 units, all models currently available. Order now to reserve your U4 from the first delivery or you will have to wait until mid - late Feb for the main container to arrive.

Note: All current order backlogs will be sent first, so any orders made from today 15/12 will most likely be sent out either in the week between Xmas and New Year or just after New Years.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use