Can not retrieve channel map

Started by simoncasey, September 16, 2017, 09:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymondjpg

Reluctant to resurrect an old thread but I have been experiencing random failures of my T2 to update at 15 minute intervals lately. Looking at the IceTV log this morning I observed two instances of "Can not retrieve channel map" on consecutive polls of the IceTV servers. Regular 15 minute updates resumed successfully thereafter.

I'm not going to discount networking issues at my end, but because the updating issues are apparently random and updates resume successfully, that does not look like the cause to me.

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on September 25, 2017, 03:21:09 PM
Ok, this one has definitely been resolved now, request times are back to an average of around 2 seconds.

There haven't been any other more recent posts on this forum, or as far as I can see the Beyonwiz forum, about this issue, so it would seem that there is nothing awry at the IceTV end.

Would anyone care to hazard a guess as to the cause of this intermittent issue? It is not so critical to the functioning of the T2 as updates appear to resume after about an hour.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: raymondjpg on June 06, 2019, 11:04:29 AM
There haven't been any other more recent posts on this forum, or as far as I can see the Beyonwiz forum, about this issue, so it would seem that there is nothing awry at the IceTV end.

I've had it 49 times this month, and 100 times last month - so I wouldn't rule out the IceTV end.

raymondjpg

Quote from: grumpy_geoff on June 06, 2019, 01:13:51 PMI've had it 49 times this month, and 100 times last month - so I wouldn't rule out the IceTV end.

I based that assessment on the apparent lack of complaints about the issue over the past two years.

Just to reassure myself that my LAN or wireless AP are not at fault I would really like to view IceTV update logs from the T2 that go back further than those available through the plugin GUI. Can you point me to where I might find those logs? I did a search via Filezilla but couldn't see anything obvious.

TIA
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Daniel Hall at IceTV

I had a look around and there was a table that was full, have cleaned this out now and setup some checks on it, should be all good again just after 2pm.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

raymondjpg

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on June 06, 2019, 01:50:09 PMI had a look around and there was a table that was full, have cleaned this out now and setup some checks on it, should be all good again just after 2pm.

Thanks Daniel, but I'd still like to have a look at my update logs overnight from early morning 6 June. I suspect that such logs do not exist on the T2 (I had a look but can't be sure). Can IceTV provide me with those logs? If I need to lodge a support ticket I'll do so.

Regards

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: raymondjpg on June 06, 2019, 01:35:02 PM
Quote from: grumpy_geoff on June 06, 2019, 01:13:51 PMI've had it 49 times this month, and 100 times last month - so I wouldn't rule out the IceTV end.

I based that assessment on the apparent lack of complaints about the issue over the past two years.

Just to reassure myself that my LAN or wireless AP are not at fault I would really like to view IceTV update logs from the T2 that go back further than those available through the plugin GUI. Can you point me to where I might find those logs? I did a search via Filezilla but couldn't see anything obvious.

TIA

I was checking the debug logs, but you need to have debug logging enabled of course.

raymondjpg

Quote from: grumpy_geoff on June 06, 2019, 03:29:01 PMI was checking the debug logs, but you need to have debug logging enabled of course.

Thanks. I can always enable debug logging overnight and see what transpires.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: raymondjpg on June 06, 2019, 01:58:45 PM
Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on June 06, 2019, 01:50:09 PMI had a look around and there was a table that was full, have cleaned this out now and setup some checks on it, should be all good again just after 2pm.

Thanks Daniel, but I'd still like to have a look at my update logs overnight from early morning 6 June. I suspect that such logs do not exist on the T2 (I had a look but can't be sure). Can IceTV provide me with those logs? If I need to lodge a support ticket I'll do so.

Regards

Hi raymondjpg,

I have had an email sent to you with a screenshot of the logs.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

raymondjpg

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on June 06, 2019, 04:57:01 PMI have had an email sent to you with a screenshot of the logs.

Thanks Daniel but that email has not come through (yet).