Can not retrieve channel map

Started by simoncasey, September 16, 2017, 09:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

Good to hear. Thanks for the update, Daniel.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

ChrisW

I'm not sure if this is related, but my Skippa has been driving me crazy for the last week, where it becomes unresponsive to the remote for about 5-10 seconds every 30-60 seconds.

I normally have only seen such behaviour when there has been internet connection or IceTV server issues.

I've been suspecting things like HDD fragmentation, dying power supply, hardware, etc. There have been a few times I've wondered if it was Ice server related.

Any other Skippa users experiencing this behaviour recently?
Does ad-skip processing rely on recurring server/internet access, as it seems to be worse during such times.

Rowdy

I've seen the same behaviour. I assumed it was because I had recently replaced the hard disk, but apparently not.
Topfield 5000, 2400, Skippa

MD

Try a factory reset without formatting the hard drive. It works from when mine gets wonky.

ChrisW

I'll try the factory reset this weekend, but if that doesn't help I'm considering swapping out the HDD to my backup Skippa (yes, lucky me  :) ) to try and troubleshoot.

Before I go to all that trouble: DANIEL - did anything come from the possibly-suspect log activity which may indicate an intermittent server issue?

Daniel Hall at IceTV

I am definitely seeing instances where the server can take up to a maximum of 30 seconds to respond to a request (which is the max, and the minimum is only 124ms), the average being 8.99 seconds, and with the Beyonwiz timeout set to 10 seconds once it gets above that we get an issue.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

ChrisW

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on September 22, 2017, 10:36:06 AM
I am definitely seeing instances where the server can take up to a maximum of 30 seconds to respond to a request (which is the max, and the minimum is only 124ms), the average being 8.99 seconds, and with the Beyonwiz timeout set to 10 seconds once it gets above that we get an issue.
Thanks for that.

Do you know if the Skippa constantly polls the server, or just every 5 minutes for data updates?

As advised, I've been having this loss of response constantly for the last week or two, and its appears more so during ad-skip processing or recording.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: ChrisW on September 22, 2017, 10:53:33 AM
Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on September 22, 2017, 10:36:06 AM
Thanks for that.

Do you know if the Skippa constantly polls the server, or just every 5 minutes for data updates?

As advised, I've been having this loss of response constantly for the last week or two, and its appears more so during ad-skip processing or recording.

The Skippa connects every 15 minutes for guide and timer updates, autoskip settings updates are less frequent (from memory its only once per hour) and there is no contact with the server while autoskip is processing.

The slow responses are only for the API at this stage, the autoskip updates are currently averaging only 9.29ms for requests. So any slowdown and unresponsiveness is probably from the delays in getting timer and epg information, timeouts and issues here can affect the interface and responsiveness of the box due to the way the requests are made.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Ok, this one has definitely been resolved now, request times are back to an average of around 2 seconds.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

prl

Great! Thanks, Daniel. I'll keep an eye on it for the next few days.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

grampus

Good one.  my log starts at 1622pm. 1/2 hour updates.   no errors since then
BeyonWiz, T3

ChrisW

Skippa behaviour has also returned to normal.

Thanks Daniel.

prl

I haven't seen any timeout issues on our Beyonwiz T series boxes since Daniel posted that the problem had been fixed.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

grampus

BeyonWiz, T3

gibster

BeyonWiz V2