Two T4's ...

Started by xanthi, May 19, 2017, 08:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xanthi

on one IceTV account. My T3 broke down and has been replaced with another T4. My question: Can I rename the second T4 to say a T3 so as not to record the same recording twice.

Cheers, xanthi

prl

AFAIK, IceTV doesn't actually care about the names. They're for your convenience, so you know which recorder will get which recordings.

But yes, you can rename the IceTV devices.

Your problem will be that the new T4 is a different IceTV device from the T3, so it will record none of the T3's recordings, no matter how you rename the old IceTV device. You'll have to go through the T3's recordings and update them to record on the new T4 (if that's what you want).

There's no automated way to do this from the IceTV Web pages. When we retired our Beyonwiz DPs and replaced them with a T4, I had to go through about 400 IceTV recordings and switch them over to the new device.

At one time, Daniel Hall mentioned plans for IceTV's Web pages to add a "transfer all recordings to different device" function, but that hasn't happened yet. The IceFolk may be able to do the transfer for you.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing