Episode numbers for Neighbours and Home and Away don't change

Started by denny09, February 08, 2017, 04:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

denny09

I have a question in regards to the number system emby puts info in series but it cannot decipher this episode system as it doesn't change it is not standard xmltv numbering system. Can this be fixed or because there is so many episodes it was just too difficult to do which is understandable.

Thank you

Home and away
<episode-num system="icetv">73-0</episode-num>

Neighbours
<episode-num system="icetv">125-0</episode-num>

Dave at IceTV

Hi denny09,

Those "icetv" numbers are IceTV internal system id numbers. If the show or series has normal series and episode numbers they will be in a second 'episode-num' tag with "xmltv_ns" as the system type. So there would be 2 'episode-num' tags like the following:

<episode-num system="xmltv_ns">4.19.</episode-num>
<episode-num system="icetv">11961-135434</episode-num>

Note: Some series in the IceTV guide do not yet have series and episode numbers, so you will see some shows that only have the IceTV internal id numbers. We are adding series and episode numbers to shows that don't have them yet but it will take time.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: denny09 on February 08, 2017, 04:30:54 PM
I have a question in regards to the number system emby puts info in series but it cannot decipher this episode system as it doesn't change it is not standard xmltv numbering system. Can this be fixed or because there is so many episodes it was just too difficult to do which is understandable.

Thank you

Home and away
<episode-num system="icetv">73-0</episode-num>

Neighbours
<episode-num system="icetv">125-0</episode-num>

Hi denny,

For these shows in particular there are no episode id's as we don't have specific episodes for them.

As a side note we are working on a new XMLTV feed that can be used that includes a lot more information than the current feed (which include an episode-num field with an original-air-date system that can be used, but once again for these shows that don't have specific episodes we won't have the full xmltv_ns numbering), we will have more information on how to access it shortly.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

denny09

That is great once it is available I will notify emby developers to see can they take advantage of it.

I have read an article that Australia is looking at fair use so maybe if that law gets passed Ice-tv could revisit the thumbnails.

Thank you once again for detailed explanation it is much appreciated.