ICETV epg update EYETV (server returned error)

Started by shane1982, January 31, 2007, 07:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: pointybeard on July 10, 2007, 06:37:42 PM
I am having the same problem, and a downgrade to 2.3.3 didn't help. It was working fine until about 2 days ago, so im not sure its specifically to do with 2.4. My subscription is valid until 1st Dec this year. Little frustrating.  :'(

It sounds like you have a free 1-day widget account. While in the past there was a bug that allowed the guide to be used in EyeTV using one of these accounts it has recently been fixed. To be able to use the guide within EyeTV you will need to have purchased a full 7-day account.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

hmurraywalker

Hi,

I've having this trouble also - I've tried all the suggestions in this post, delete and reapply the device in Remote, downgrade to version 2.3.3 etc but nothing is fixing the problem. The widget works fine and my account is active.

Any other ideas?

tick007

Quote from: hmurraywalker on September 22, 2007, 08:34:53 PM
I've having this trouble also - I've tried all the suggestions in this post, delete and reapply the device in Remote, downgrade to version 2.3.3 etc but nothing is fixing the problem. The widget works fine and my account is active.

Me too (tm).

Sniffing the request I get the following responses:

Call to
http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webaccount.cgi?op=account_query&product=eyetv&user=<username>&pass=<passworord>

Username and password have been removed.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>
<account>
       <result>0</result>
      <endtime>2008-01-03T13:59:00</endtime>
      <activated>0</activated>
     <error_msg></error_msg>
</account>

Call to
http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/epg/webpimpdevices.cgi?op=get_devices&format=plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<array>
  <dict>
   <key>id</key>
   <integer>0</integer>
   <key>label</key>
   <string>EyeTV</string>
   <key>manufacturer</key>
   <string>Elgato</string>
   <key>model</key>
   <string>EyeTV</string>
  </dict>
</array>
</plist>

Djelibeybi

I'm getting the same thing with EyeTV 2.5 on a freshly renewed IceTV subscription. My Windows Vista Media Center machine is updating just fine, though.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The restrictions on how often the guide can be updated have recently changed.

They are now set to be once every hour for the channels list and also once every hour for the guide itself.

If you try again by going through the program guide screen, and then selecting the 'gear' icon at the top of the screen and then select "Update IceTV Guide" and it should then update the guide.

One thing that we have found is that when going into the preferences window it will do a channels list request so that when it tries to download the guide after that (using the Update now) button it will fail to download as it has been within the hour.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

tick007

Quote from: Daniel Hall on October 21, 2007, 02:24:38 PM
If you try again by going through the program guide screen, and then selecting the 'gear' icon at the top of the screen and then select "Update IceTV Guide" and it should then update the guide.

Great to hear you guys are working on it , but I tried what you suggested above and unfortunately it didn't work.  I waited a couple of hours and it still didn't work.  I then waited more than an hour again, and sniffed the connection this time.  Looks identical to my post above (except now it takes longer to complete for some reason).

Anyway, was there anything else that needs to be done to get this working?  Do I need to delete and re-add devices via the IceTV web pages?  Stop/start EyeTV before trying to download the guide?  Anything else?

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: tick007 on October 22, 2007, 09:23:43 PM
Anyway, was there anything else that needs to be done to get this working?  Do I need to delete and re-add devices via the IceTV web pages?  Stop/start EyeTV before trying to download the guide?  Anything else?

One other thing to check is that your password does not have any special characters in it (for example @ or /) as the authentication system in EyeTV cannot handle that to get the guide itself.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

mr.j

My account has not been working for several weeks.

Same as everyone here - "Update failed due to server error"

Password has no special characters, tried removing and re-adding device in pimp etc etc

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: mr.j on November 01, 2007, 01:33:46 PM
My account has not been working for several weeks.

Same as everyone here - "Update failed due to server error"

Password has no special characters, tried removing and re-adding device in pimp etc etc

More than anything this would be covered by:

Quote from: Daniel Hall on October 21, 2007, 02:24:38 PM

They are now set to be once every hour for the channels list and also once every hour for the guide itself.

One thing that we have found is that when going into the preferences window it will do a channels list request so that when it tries to download the guide after that (using the Update now) button it will fail to download as it has been within the hour.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

zarbs

Tried everything listed in this thread but no luck. This began on Friday night and things started to disappear a channel at a time as the listings ran out. Now I have nothing. EyeTV tells me to run Setup Assistant which then tells me the account already exists. I am running 2.5.1 and Mac OS X Leopard but it was working perfectly until last Friday. Sounds like a server problem to me if everyone is getting the same error...

Zarbs

Clogboy

+1

My programs also started to disappear channel by channel over the past few days.
I have tried a new user account, reverting back to the old version of EyeTV etc, but no luck.

AndyP

I am having the same issues with Guide updates on both EyeTV and my BeyonWiz box... any word on the cause?

IceTV Widget is timing out as well!

nickels

It's not a Leopard issue as I have Tiger 10.4.10 and have no IceGuide Since 10.30 this morning

Quote from: zarbs on November 12, 2007, 05:49:45 PM
... I am running 2.5.1 and Mac OS X Leopard but it was working perfectly until last Friday. Sounds like a server problem to me if everyone is getting the same error...

Zarbs

Clogboy

I'm also running Tiger 10.4.10
And have tried both EyeTV 2.4 and 2.5.1
Exactly the same issues

Daniel Hall at IceTV

They are now set to be once every hour for the channels list and also once every hour for the guide itself (these are two separate requests). There is also a limit on how often remote scheduling requests can be made, this is set to once every 15 minutes, any attempts within 15 minutes of the last successful request will return an error in EyeTV saying that there is a problem with the username or password (unfortunately EyeTV does not handle the actual error message correctly).

If you try again by going through the program guide screen, and then selecting the 'gear' icon at the top of the screen and then select “Update IceTV Guide” it should then update the guide (as long it has been over one hour since the last attempt).

There is also a new 'blacklisting' that could be affecting you, please see the post regarding an Important IceTV Service Announcement.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.