Your TV Recorder has stopped using IceTV

Started by macy517, November 29, 2016, 07:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macy517

I have a new T4 and everything was working perfectly well.  Then I got an email the other day saying that my TV Recorder has stopped using IceTV.  It went on to say that they noticed that my recording device (attached to account ........) has not been downloading IceTV's TV Guide data for 5 days.

Now I see that my EPG is blank.  I have emailed IceTV support but no response. 

Any ideas why this is and how can I fix it?

IanL-S

Have you tried going into the Ice TV settings: Disable IceTv, then start it up again, then tell it to download IceTV data. It may help if you do a reboot before starting IcTV again.

It has been a while since I last played with IceTV module on my T2 so the terms I used may not correspond to those used.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

prl

Quote from: IanL-S on November 29, 2016, 09:57:00 PM
Have you tried going into the Ice TV settings: Disable IceTv, then start it up again, then tell it to download IceTV data. It may help if you do a reboot before starting IcTV again.

It has been a while since I last played with IceTV module on my T2 so the terms I used may not correspond to those used.

Ian
It's "Disable Ice TV", "Enable Ice TV" and "Fetch EPG and update timers now", but what you posted is recognisable enough :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

macy517

Thanks for the advice  ICETV support got back to me with the same suggestion.  No good, then a couple of other possible workarounds.  Last suggestion was that it might have something to do with the network connection, "router/modem is set to assign a limited number of devices with network addresses but you have more (or 1 more) devices trying to get an address so there is no IP address available for the Beyonwiz"

I powered down my modem, router, pc's and t4.  Then started up in that order and then ran the IceTV setup wizard.  All good now, I've got my epg back. 

Hopefully I don't have to go through that too often.