Most listing are missing in the Wiz

Started by csutak40, November 13, 2016, 10:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

Quote from: csutak40 on November 15, 2016, 06:38:29 AM
How embarrassment!  :-[  That was my post, although that was different, the missing names were later in the week, (wonder why the attachments disappeared?) I vaguely remember that the descriptions were missing as well

Timer descriptions are handled differently from timer names. Timer names are sent from the IceTV server with the request to set the timer. Timer descriptions are added to the timer by looking up the timer's show id in the EPG and adding the EPG description to the timer. If the timer's show id isn't in the EPG, the description will be empty. That can happen for timers whose start times are after the end of the EPG data, either because they're sent more than 7 days ahead or because there's a problem with the EPG data.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

tb123

Quote from: simoncasey on November 15, 2016, 10:12:55 AM
It looks like it is affecting Beyonwiz users in one region (in this case Melbourne).
I'm in Adelaide.

csutak40

Quote from: prl on November 15, 2016, 10:26:53 AM
Quote from: csutak40 on November 15, 2016, 06:38:29 AM
How embarrassment!  :-[  That was my post, although that was different, the missing names were later in the week, (wonder why the attachments disappeared?) I vaguely remember that the descriptions were missing as well

Timer descriptions are handled differently from timer names. Timer names are sent from the IceTV server with the request to set the timer. Timer descriptions are added to the timer by looking up the timer's show id in the EPG and adding the EPG description to the timer. If the timer's show id isn't in the EPG, the description will be empty. That can happen for timers whose start times are after the end of the EPG data, either because they're sent more than 7 days ahead or because there's a problem with the EPG data.
In this case (well, in my case) this wasn't just a few timers, it was most of them.  (see my first screenshot  above) Timers that I set up individually (i.e. the Leonard Cohen show) were the exception, but not always.  A few of the shows set up like a series earlier were still listed.  The problem seemed to go for four days, reducing in numbers each day and came completely good again for the listings after Thursday
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

prl

Quote from: csutak40 on November 15, 2016, 01:47:44 PM
In this case (well, in my case) this wasn't just a few timers, it was most of them. ...

I know. I was just trying to give you an idea of the background to how the timer names get set. If there turns out to be a Beyonwiz-side component to the problem, I'll certainly try to fix it.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

kheaver

simoncasey

Interesting that it is not limited to one region as that is often the case. So it may be a different cause from previous occurrences. It still seems to be an issue at the icetv server as the title should be part of the information passed when the timer is created.

Dave at IceTV

The number of T series Beyonwiz PVR owners reporting multiple days of timers with no program names followed by timers that are okay suggests that restarting our system last week had a negative impact for already scheduled timers on T series Beyonwiz PVRs. It looks like all the timers will be back to normal in a few days.

To fix any existing timers that are missing their program name do the Restart GUI twice but wait after the first restart for IceTV to finish downloading.

1. Press and hold the POWER button until the power menu appears then select Restart GUI.
2. Wait 2 minutes. Or wait for IceTV to complete its update:
  - Go to 'MENU > Plugins > IceTV > Show log' and check the bottom of the log to check for "Start update, EPG download OK, Timers updated OK, END update".
3. Press and hold the POWER button until the power menu appears then select Restart GUI again.

cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

If you've tried Dave's suggestion and that hasn't worked, try:

Do a MY ACCOUNT>My Recorders>Device>Resend all recordings for this device, then do a MENU>IceTV>Fetch EPG and update timers now.

That's fixed the problem for a couple of posters on the Beyonwiz forum.

It would be useful to me (and possibly also to Dave) to know which method, if any, helps.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

bodogbodog

Quote from: simoncasey on November 15, 2016, 10:12:55 AM
It looks like it is affecting Beyonwiz users in one region (in this case Melbourne)

No I'm in Sydney and it's happened to some of my T2 recordings - no name just the Channel and Time/Date
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare