No new recommendations on Android app

Started by prl, November 05, 2016, 11:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

I haven't had Recommendations updates on my Android app since the recommendations for last weekend (29/20 Oct).

I've tried Sync in the app, and clearing the app data and cache in the Android Application Manager, but I don't get any current recommendations apart from the "Coming Soon" ones (most of which have been "coming soon" for quite a long time).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

Today, Sunday, this weekend's recommendations have appeared in the app. I'm not sure when the update happened.

Did someone give the service a bit of a poke?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

This weeks Recommendations for the Android app have gone missing for me.

All I see in the App Recommendations is Coming Soon - Australian Survivor.

I've tried clearing the app data and cache and reloading all the IceTV data, but that had no effect.

I think the data was there yesterday morning (Mon 31 Jul), but it was gone by the same afternoon when we were going to set up any new recordings for the week, and it's still missing.

I got the normal IcePicks What's on This Week at about 4am on Monday morning, so that part of the process worked.

ACT IceGuide
Samsung Galaxy S4
Android 5.0.1
App version: 1.30
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Cheers for the heads up, they should be showing correctly in the app now.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

I received the email What's on this weekend at 04:05 this morning, but my Android app had no Recommendations data for the weekend, just for today and "Coming Soon".
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Tiphanee

Thanks for your note prl.

I've just pushed the shows to the App so they should appear in the next few minutes. 

Have a lovely day,

Tiphanee

Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

Tiphanee

Hi again -

I've checked the App and the programmes are now there, however a couple of images are a little big so I'm just fixing those.

Cheers,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

prl

Thanks, Tiphanee. It all looks good now, including having all the images the right size.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

I received the email "What's on this Week" overnight, but my Android App's Recommendations is only showing "Harry Potter: A history of Magic" as "Coming Soon". Nothing else.

ACT Guide.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Tiphanee

Good morning prl,

Many thanks for your note.  I've just corrected the issue so you should see recommendations coming through now.

Cheers,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

There was no update of Recommendations on my Android IceTV app this morning. It's still showing (only) yesterday's (Sun 25 Nov) recommendations.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Tiphanee

Hi prl,

We're having a technical issue with the link that transfers recommendations between the database and the app. It should be fixed this morning and I will push through the shows as soon as I can.

Have a lovely day,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

Tiphanee

Hi prl,

Recommendations are now on the App.

Talk later,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee