How to remove an episode?

Started by csutak40, June 08, 2016, 11:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

LOL  I was so busy looking for the Shtick, I didn't notice that the show "Four Weddings" is set to record on Monday.  Never heard of it!  Must look into it, find out why it decided to record itself  :-\
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Dave at IceTV

Strange that the timer for Sunday's Shtick didn't get deleted automatically.

That "Four Weddings" timer for Monday was created by the first keyword for the T2 in your My Series:
https://www.icetv.com.au/tv-guide/myshows
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

csutak40

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on June 12, 2016, 02:13:18 AM
Strange that the timer for Sunday's Shtick didn't get deleted automatically.

That "Four Weddings" timer for Monday was created by the first keyword for the T2 in your My Series:
https://www.icetv.com.au/tv-guide/myshows

Well, what's even stranger, that after all that, I just discovered that nothing had recorded since Friday  :'( 
Cheers,
Judy

prl

They are all internal errors in the IceTV server. It looks like the IceTV plugin in the Beyonwiz is sending a timer request to the IceTV server and that request is being rejected because of a database error in the IceTV server.

The error message is issued in code that is run when IceTV adds or updates timers on the Beyonwiz, or when a Beyonwiz user adds or updates a timer on the PVR. However, the context of the message (it happens during a normal regular IceTV update) suggests strongly that it's a problem caused when the IceTV server adds or updates timers on the Beyonwiz.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

csutak40

There is something going on with the T2.. 
Weird things keep happening.  I don't necessarily watch it every day, and when I do it is in bed.  When I discover something wrong with it, I don't always feel like fiddling with it, usually decide to read a book instead  :P
Last night, when I put it on, the picture was frozen on the screen, with numbers on top and bottom of the screen.  NFI if the numbers were some code I should have taken note of, or part of what ever show froze.  Nothing I did made it un- freeze, so turned it off at the back.  That seemed to fix it.
Also noted that it did record The Shtick yesterday.  :D
Cheers,
Judy

prl

That seems more of a problem to post on the Beyonwiz forum. But without a better description it's hard to know where to start looking for a cause.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: csutak40 on June 17, 2016, 03:28:59 AM

Yay!  :)
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

csutak40

Quote from: prl on June 17, 2016, 09:00:28 AM
That seems more of a problem to post on the Beyonwiz forum. But without a better description it's hard to know where to start looking for a cause.
Yeah, that is the problem.  Just weird things happen, but they only happen once or twice, then something different goes wrong.  As I said, doesn't help that I only use the T2 when half asleep, so not in the mood to fiddle with it
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on June 17, 2016, 10:56:07 AM
Quote from: csutak40 on June 17, 2016, 03:28:59 AM

Yay!  :)

Yay, is right.  Thank you Dave.  I just checked...  Better Homes and Gardens is recording as well (didn't last week)
Cheers,
Judy

prl

Quote from: csutak40 on June 17, 2016, 07:59:15 PM
Quote from: prl on June 17, 2016, 09:00:28 AM
Yeah, that is the problem.  Just weird things happen, but they only happen once or twice, then something different goes wrong.  As I said, doesn't help that I only use the T2 when half asleep, so not in the mood to fiddle with it

I understand, but I don't think there's anything I can do to help with that problem without more information.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

csutak40

What is it about the Shtick?

I discovered that it had recorded last Sunday again.  No biggie, didn't clash with anything this time.  So, had a look, sure enough it was set to record for next Sunday as well.  So, I fired up IceTV on the web and deleted the episode.  When I checked the next day, it had re-set itself.  So, I thought I'd try deleting it through my iPhone.  That seemed to work, sort of..  However, it is still sitting there on the T2.
Again, it isn't clashing with anything, it is just the principle of the thing
Cheers,
Judy