Win10 Media Center

Started by linmar, December 13, 2015, 07:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave at IceTV

Sorry stimpy,

I had a customer email about the same issue at the same time as you posted your forum message and I mistakenly thought you were the same person I was dealing with via email so I didn't answer your forum post. But when I saw your log with different devices listed I realised I have not been emailing you.

Which Media Center pack download did you use?

There are 2 different Windows 10 Media Center Pack downloads available online. You need the newer v12 download. The version number is at the end of the file name (not the start of the numbers). IceTV Interactive only works with the v12

WMC_6.3.9600.16384_x64_v12  is the 64bit version 12.0 from February 2016 and works with IceTV on 64bit versions of Windows 10 and 8.1.
WMC_6.3.9600.16384_x86_v12  is the 32bit version 12.0 from February 2016 and works with IceTV on Windows 10 and 8.1.
WindowsMediaCenter_10.0.10134.0v2.1  is version 2.1 from September 2015 and doesn't work with IceTV.

The other numbers in the names refer to which version of Windows the Media Center files originally came from and are not important.

See the following page for more information:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/98996568-How-to-install-Media-Center-in-Windows-10

The next question is which Windows 10 edition, version and OS build are you using?

And is it 64bit or 32bit?

See the following page on how to find the Windows 10 edition, version, OS build and system type your computer is running:
http://www.howtogeek.com/236195/how-to-find-out-which-build-and-version-of-windows-10-you-have/
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

stimpy

OK Thanks

I will give that a go this weekend
appriciate the help

Yes I was using the Sep15 file - hopefully it is now an easy fix

Stimpy

Dave

Hey guys, I'm stumped.
I decided to bit the bullet and upgrade, seeing Microsoft are saying that the free upgrade ends at the end of this month.
I struggled with the MCE install, but got it to work after running the _Uninstall program a couple of time.
I'm now getting the following error when I try to start Media Center.

Application: ehshell.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Interop.Win32Api.SetCurrentProcessExplicitAppUserModelID(System.String) at ServiceBus.UIFramework.UserControlPoint.Launch(System.String)

This is all before I even get to the IceTVInteractive install point.

Any suggestions out there?

Thanks.

Dave.
Antec NSK2480B Case & PSU, Asus M4A785TD-M-EVO motherboard, AMD Phenom II 965 3.40Ghz quad core CPU, 4Gb RAM, Hauppauge HVR2200 Dual Tuner, 1Tb and 500Gb WD HDDs, Windows 10 running NextPVR