NBN + Topfield

Started by QinQld, August 18, 2016, 05:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QinQld

Hi

I'm new to forums so forgive my ignorance if I make any forum errors.

I've received my Telstra NBN router and have been advised I need to install it. Am I ok to do so with my Topfield TF7100HD+ and ice?
Cheers
Q

IanL-S

What sort of NBN connection, Fibre to Premises, Fibre to the Node or HFS? Not critical which.

I am not yet on NBN, so not sure how things work. It may be nothing more than connecting an Ethernet cable from the NBN Box to the Router. Once the router is installed, you need to connect the Toppy to the Router by Ethernet cable (possibly with an intervening network switch). If you have set up a static IP on the Toppy you may need to change it, but try and see first.

Sometimes there are issues with the location of the NBN access box, and you have to get some Ethernet cabling done so you can install it in the place you wish.

Ian

IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dave at IceTV

Hi Q,

Whether your NBN connection is Fibre or Fixed Wireless doesn't matter as long the router has either wireless or an Ethernet port to connect the Topfield to.

If you have been using wireless to connect your Topfield to your old router you just need to know what the new NBN router's wireless network name (SSID) and wireless password are. They are usually provided on a small card or on the back or bottom of the router itself.

After setting the Topfield to connect to the new router you will need to check that the Topfield still has IceTV set to Enable.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

QinQld

Hey Dave,

Glad to see you are still around if you are one of the two Dave's I have chatted to several times on the phone over the years.

Thanks kindly for the response.  I was hoping that was the case for my wireless set up.

Cheers
Q