Why does my Topfield reboot every 2 minutes with IceTV enabled?

Started by Dave at IceTV, March 13, 2016, 04:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave at IceTV

In the last 2 weeks has your Topfield started rebooting every 2 minutes when IceTV is enabled?

If yes, please see the solution in the IceTV Knowledgebase Article here.

Link broken? Right click on the link and select 'open in new tab' or 'open in new window' etc.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

IanL-S

For a general discussion of Toppys spontaneously rebooting check out the oztoppy wiki: http://oztoppy.wikidot.com/pvr-restarts

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: IanL-S on March 13, 2016, 04:25:59 PM
For a general discussion of Toppys spontaneously rebooting check out the oztoppy wiki: http://oztoppy.wikidot.com/pvr-restarts

Thanks Ian,

I notice in the last paragraph of the "IceTV EPG cause rebooting" section you mentioned:

it is the red button at the bottom; looks like the Record button rather than the Red Function Button.

I'm not sure if you are saying it looks like the record button but actually is the F1 button, or if you are saying you believe it is the record button.

The 'Reset EPG Data' button is the Red F1 function button. When you press the red F1 button you get a popup 'yes /no' confirmation box. If you answer yes you should then get the 'login successful' message (and maybe a short freeze followed by one reboot).

The only way I can visually tell which button the icon refers to is by looking at the 2 red button icons at the bottom of the EPG. The red, green and yellow function buttons are shown as a coloured dots. The record button is shown as a black square with a red dot inside.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Eelsfan05

Dave,

This has been going on for me the last few weeks and its driving me mental. I found this post tonight and disabled all of the SD definition channels that duplicate with a HD channel. I also deleted some of the lesser known channels.

My Toppy 2400 is still rebooting. What else can I do? Topfield will never fix this....

**EDIT** I had only unticked the channels, not set them to disabled. Disabled a few channels now its all good again.

Eelsfan05

Dave,

Sorry for another question. I allocated all of the LCN's and disabled the channels I don't need an EPG for. The Toppy has stopped rebooting. I recieved an email this morning saying that all my timers have failed 'TASK_MSG_INVALID_SERVICE'.

Do I have to clear all my timers and resend them again?

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Eelsfan05 on May 19, 2016, 07:54:19 AM
Do I have to clear all my timers and resend them again?

The correct way to clear the timers is to clear the channels. Next rescan the channels, enable IceTV and then resend all recordings. See the following steps:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/22468327
cheers

Dave
Customer Service