TRF-2400 + TF7100HDPVRt reboot when logging in to IceTV (Melbourne)

Started by IanL-S, March 10, 2016, 12:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

Initially I suspected that the problem was with invalid characters in EPG Data, and Dave suggested that there may be some problems with service recognition (see discussion here: http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/bug-reports/47/ice-causes-rebooting-on-7100plus-recorders-beginning-today/5023/msg26883#new )

I did a factory reset on both the Toppys, powered down the Toppy, did another reset to factory settings, and set up the Toppy. In each case in the process of setting up IceTV on the Toppy the Toppy spontaneously rebooted during the device selection. Eventually I managed to get the correct devices selected. Neither Toppy is downloading EPG data, nor are they downloading timers (which I have resent several times). On both units I did another service reset with the same outcome. It is not clear if the Toppy is requesting EPG and Timer Downloads; if it is, the requests are not successful.

My other 7100+ and 2400 (on same account) are not having any issues. Not sure if they have booted-up since the problem started. No problems with Toppys on my second account (as far as I am aware).

Ian

Update: Dave the devices with this problem are 2400 1 and 7100+ 2
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

IanL-S

Been out an about for about two hours. Just checked and both problematic Toppys have downloaded EPG data. One (7100+ 1) has also downloaded timers. Just resent timers to 2400 1.

Update: After resending timers 2400 1 has now downloaded all timers

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

IanHamilton

My TF7100HDPVRt started rebooting just now at 8:00PM also. Every two minutes. Disconnecting from the network stops the problem, leading to the conclusion that bad data is being received via EPG

IanL-S

Mine started doing it at the same time. Could this be coincidence. Please confirm that you are using 7100+ not the old MPEG 2 only 7100.

Ian
Synology NAS

IanL-S

It is definitely a problem with the IceTV Server. I had a 7100+ attached to my second IceTV Account (device name: 5000) and it had not been affected by the problem. I did a service reset and new service scan, then set it up on my fist IceTV account as device 7100+ 2 and it went through the reboot loop. Changed it back to the old settings, and reboot loop. No EPG download. Had to turn off IceTV on the unit to stop rebooting.

So it is clearly NOT a problem at my end.

Ian
Synology NAS

IanHamilton

yes it is the 7100+. I still have the problem. I deleted all shopping channels and racing and ensured only single channels were being sent from icetv. the system id is 32030

IanL-S

In the other thread on this Topic Dave suggested disabling some of the LCNs that are being downloaded. It seems to have fixed the problem for me.

see: http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/bug-reports/47/ice-causes-rebooting-on-7100plus-recorders-beginning-today/5023/msg26924#new

Ian
Synology NAS

IanHamilton

My topfield has been working perfectly for years with icetv. why would it suddenly start failing last night? If there was an extra channel being sent from icetv, I could accept that but I don't see any new channels when I log into icetv. I have disabled multiple LCN sending for all channels and disabled extra channels on my topfield since the failure (eg 7 and 70 and 71) so I actually have less channels in the guide. And yet the problem exists.

Dave at IceTV

Ian, can you try disabling SBS One and SBS HD and let us know if that makes any difference.

Your next SBS recording isn't until Monday night so you won't lose any recordings tonight.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

IanHamilton

IanHamilton

I disabled SBS/SBS HD on the icetv website by selecting disabled and unchecking the entry. Enable network, reboot Topfield and it seems OK. Interestingly there are entries in the guide for SBS on the Topfield. Maybe from the over the air guide.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: IanHamilton on March 11, 2016, 07:30:16 PM
I disabled SBS/SBS HD on the icetv website by selecting disabled and unchecking the entry. Enable network, reboot Topfield and it seems OK. Interestingly there are entries in the guide for SBS on the Topfield. Maybe from the over the air guide.

That is interesting. Does the SBS guide run out before The Bridge   at 21:30 on Thursday, March 17?
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

IanHamilton

I goofed. I disabled SBS HD and SBS 2, not SBS. SBS Guide is there until next Friday. SBS 2/SBS HD have no information at all

Regards Ian

IanL-S

Three out of the 4 Toppys I looked at had not EPG data for the deleted services, one still had the data. I suspect that EPG fetches will eventually result in the data being deleted. Just checked and it is now gone.

Ian
Synology NAS

Archer_11

What a fascinating read and such a relief my latest Toppy reboot problem is from a common issue.

If I can add, after I saw disconnecting my 2400 stopped the rebooting I then noticed that many of my channels were set to 'LCN = all', almost certainly connected to the big retune in early March. I've since assigned a default number for each one, saved, flushed the guide and it's a case of so far so good. Perhaps Dave's fix had resolved the issue anyway.

Can I ask, I'm a little unclear from searching this site, what is the purpose of 'LCN = All'? What purpose does it serve? Thanks & sorry if I've missed clear info on this.

EDIT: Spoke too soon, Toppy is rebooting again. I'll disable some channels and see how I go.