Different 7Flix problem

Started by csutak40, March 03, 2016, 05:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on March 13, 2016, 12:36:38 AM
The other day I noticed my LCD display in my T4 has moved or warped. The bottom right corner of the display is noticeably back further from the front perspex then the top left corner.

There's a known problem with some of the earlier batches of T4s that the glue holding the display onto the front panel PCB in place gives way and the display no longer sits in the right place.

But that shouldn't affect the IR detector, which is soldered onto the front panel PCB, unless the moved display is partly obscuring the IR detector.

The front panel PCM is fairly securely screwed onto the front panel mounding, including by the three (on the T4) screws that act as sensors for the tree touch buttons.

I don't know where the IR sensor is located (top-right corner maybe) but I can point my T3 remote way at the ceiling, or at the walls to the left or right or behind me and the T4 still responds. The only time it doesn't receive the signal is if I point the remote below the T4.

The IR detector is on the right-hand side of the central clear plastic panel, at about the same height as the centres of the touch button silkscreening. It has its own circular window in the black paint on the inside of the clear panel. I think that the fact that the IR has its own fairly small window contributes to the fairly small angular range of the IR control on the T4 (and also on the similarly laid-out T3). The T2's IR detector simply sits in the larger window where the display would be if the T2 had one.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

Quote from: csutak40 on March 13, 2016, 03:48:33 AM
...  Incidentally, the screen looks different on the TV then it does on the screen shot from the Web (see attached) ...
The adjustment screen is one where the view in OpenWebif gram screenshot is different from the actual screen. If you want to post views of the adjustment screen that show what's actually displayed, unfortunately you need to use a camera, not OpenWebif to show what's actually on the TV screen.

This is also true for screens like the EPG, where your screen photo clearly shows the EPG being cut off at the left, while your OpenWebif grem screenshot view shows the whole EPG correctly.

And by the way, setting either Width or Height to 0 in the adjustment screen is never going to do anything useful. Setting move Left/right to 720 isn't a useful value, either.

The setup I have for my TV, which has built-in overscan that can only be increased in the TV, and not decreased, is:
Width=692
Move Left/Right=14
Height=552
Move Up/Down=13

The numbers that are right for your TV will be different, but not wildly different like 720 for Move Left/Right and 0 for Width as in the screenshots you posted.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Mac37

Beyonwiz P2

OK - as an addendum to all this - talking about screen resolutions and what fits and what doesn't - the display of my EPG has/had always been wildly out.
The display of the day name at the left side would display as "day" and the rest would be off to the left.
No amount of fiddling with the OSD setting would make a pixel of difference, from the min to the max, or anywhere in between, as described by Judy.
It wasn't until I saw "prl"s suggestion, some time back,  that the setting on the TV should be changed, that I had some success. My TV is an LG LB6500 and the display setting that did the trick was "Just scan" - that brought the edges of the screen display into view and the EPG displayed perfectly. (also "cinema zoom 1-16 using setting 1 brought ALL edges back in to display the whole picture).

As Judy said, and prl explained , the webif screen display showed it as being perfect.
However, I repeat, I repeat, that the fiddling with the settings on the Beyonwiz made ABSOLUTELY no difference to the display screen in the OSD settings, and therefor no difference to the EPG display.
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to   Linden TV 65

prl

Quote from: mac37 on March 13, 2016, 01:15:53 PM
However, I repeat, I repeat, that the fiddling with the settings on the Beyonwiz made ABSOLUTELY no difference to the display screen in the OSD settings, and therefor no difference to the EPG display.

That's very strange, and I have no idea why it would be that way, but it does also seem to be what's happening with Judy's TV.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

csutak40

Quote from: prl on March 13, 2016, 12:43:38 PM

And by the way, setting either Width or Height to 0 in the adjustment screen is never going to do anything useful. Setting move Left/right to 720 isn't a useful value, either.

The default is 0 (and 720)  The second picture I've attached in my post abvove show the default.  I started off with that then watched as I was changing the numbers and nothing moved

I will take more photos and send them
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

csutak40

Quote from: mac37 on March 13, 2016, 01:15:53 PM

It wasn't until I saw "prl"s suggestion, some time back,  that the setting on the TV should be changed, that I had some success. My TV is an LG LB6500 and the display setting that did the trick was "Just scan" - that brought the edges of the screen display into view and the EPG displayed perfectly. (also "cinema zoom 1-16 using setting 1 brought ALL edges back in to display the whole picture).

I did fiddle with the TV last night, but (except for some settings that made the picture tiny, with huge borders around-envelope, or other weird sizes) none of the settings I could find gave the desired result
Cheers,
Judy

prl

Quote from: csutak40 on March 13, 2016, 05:32:11 PM
Quote from: prl on March 13, 2016, 12:43:38 PM

The default is 0 (and 720)  The second picture I've attached in my post abvove show the default.  I started off with that then watched as I was changing the numbers and nothing moved
The default for Width is 720 and the default for Left/Right is 0. I never said otherwise. But you posted OpenWebif screenshots that show Width as 0 and Left/Right as 720 (screenshot1.jpg) and Width as 720 and Left/Right as 720 (screenshot2.jpg). They are the values I was referring to and they are not sensible choices for those settings.

Unfortunately those screenshots aren't able to show what was actually on the TV screen at the time.

From your other posts and screenshots, I think I can see the problem, but I really don't know why you can't adjust the screen overlay appropriately on the TV.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

csutak40

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on March 13, 2016, 02:15:15 AM

If you disable and re-enable iceTV it will wait until '15 minutes since the last fetch' before it does a fetch. After re-enabling IceTV you should click on "Fetch EPG and update timers now' to force a fetch right away.

If you delete the timer you should wait 20 minutes before recreating the timer.

If IceTV cannot delete the timer with the dodgy name you may end up with 2 timers: 1 with the correct name and 1 with the incorrect name. If that happens just delete the dodgy timer from the T4 's timer list.

Hooray!  I deleted the timer last night, then completely forgot about it.  Just re-created it.  I now have 7flix showing!  It deleted the old timer by itself
Cheers,
Judy

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: prl on March 13, 2016, 12:09:55 PM

The other day I noticed my LCD display in my T4 has moved or warped. The bottom right corner of the display is noticeably back further from the front perspex then the top left corner.

There's a known problem with some of the earlier batches of T4s that the glue holding the display onto the front panel PCB in place gives way and the display no longer sits in the right place.

Good to know it's not just my T4.

Quote from: prl on March 13, 2016, 12:09:55 PM
The T2's IR detector simply sits in the larger window where the display would be if the T2 had one.

When the late afternoon sun shines on the front of my T2 the transparent black front plastic might as well be clear because I can see the circuit board inside and it cheapens the T2 experience. Beyonwiz could have stuck a black sticker on the inside (with a hole for the IR sensor).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service