Different 7Flix problem

Started by csutak40, March 03, 2016, 05:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

I've found the setting I was looking for in the TV manual (I just searched for "Sony KDL-46EX520 manual" in Google).

I'm not sure how the manual maps to what you actually do on the TV, but what I was looking for is in the manual in:
Settings/Home Menu>Picture & Display>Screen (for inputs other than a PC)>Display Area. Set Display Area to "Full Pixel". If that's not available, try "+1".

When you set that on the TV, the EPG may not fill the whole screen. If that's the case, you may need to adjust the GUI overlay sixe and position in OSD position as in my earlier post.

The "bright bands" I was talking about in the GUI size adjustment look like the attached image (band on the left edge where light grey shows through with the two black "5" numbers showing). Apologies for the image quality.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

Quote from: csutak40 on March 06, 2016, 03:26:43 AM
I WILL have to do something about this remote!  As I said, I had it in the bedroom and hardly used it there, watched things on the TV through the network.  Now that it is in the loungeroom I realising what a horrible remote it is.  When I'm sitting in my chair, which is a bit side on from the Wiz, it doesn't work at all (the Toppy has no problems)  So, I have to move to the couch, to sit directly opposite and even then it doesn't work half the time.

That's mainly due to the sensitivity, masking and positioning of the IR receiver in the T3 and T4. Changing to a different remote won't help much with that problem.

I have an old Harmony 785 remote that I stopped using years ago, may have to get it out to see if it is an improvement on this.

We use a Harmony 785 with our in-use T4. I use a T3 remote on my test T2, T3 & T4, unless I want to test something specific to the T2 or T4 remote.

Using the Harmony remote doesn't help with the narrow range of angle where the remote works, but it is a clean way for use to interact with our AV setup.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

csutak40

This is still a problem..

I just looked in the EPG listings and it is not marked there as being recorded.  I also did a search in EPG for "Once upon a time" and it found TWO listings.  One for 7flix and another for "New Channel".  So, I went right through the Terrestrial EPG, to see if I can find an extra listing for "New Channel", no such luck.

So, I am completely lost as to what causes this and how to fix it

Before posting things, I again deleted the timer completely from IceTV, reloaded the timers to the Wiz, restarted it, set the timer again, etc.  Nothing changed
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

prl

You need to do a re-scan that clears all the old channels. Only then will you be able to get this all working properly.

In MENU>Setup>Tuners>Manual scan, set "Type of scan" to "Complete", set "Region" to your normal Location Scan region (it should default to the value for the last region scan you did) and set "Clear before scan" to "yes".

Then press OK to start the scan. When the scan completes, press OK again to accept the scan.

That will take you back to MENU>Setup>Tuners. Go back into Manual scan, and repeat the scan using the same values. I don't know the reason for the second scan, but peteru recommends it on the Beyonwiz forum. It will do no harm, anyway.

This time, when the scan completes, press OK to accept the scan, and the press EXIT until you get back to Live TV.

You should now have a clean set of channels scanned in the bouquets Last Scanned and Terrestrial TV LCN.

If you use Favourites, go into your favourites list and delete any "New Channel" entries, and any entries that don't take you to the correct (or any) channel. When that's done, add back any "real" channels you deleted, and an add any new channels (like 7flix) that aren't in the Favourites.

Then MENU>Plugin>IceTV>Disable IceTV. Then MENU>Plugin>IceTV>Enable IceTV. Then MENU>Plugin>IceTV>Fetch EPG and update timers now.

Has that helped?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

csutak40

Quote from: prl on March 12, 2016, 01:06:27 PM

Has that helped?

Thank you for all the trouble you went to, but I'm afraid it hasn't.  It has changed, in that it no longer says "new channel" it is just blank.  Also when I now search for the show, it only finds one instance, not two, as before.

I followed all of the instructions carefully, in fact I then went back and repeated the last bit, restarted the GUI after disabling IceTV and again after re-enabling it.
Cheers,
Judy

prl

If you create a new IceTV recording on 7flix, does the timer get the correct channel?

I didn't say that doing the rescan would fix everything, just that the IceTV problems couldn't be sorted out until you'd done a clean scan.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: csutak40 on March 05, 2016, 09:43:30 PM
I found some settings on the TV's menu, changing those would change the size of the picture on the TV, but not on the Wiz.
On your Sony TV did you go to "Settings > Set-up > Screen Settings > Display Area" and select the "Full pixel" option?

The setting may only apply to the HDMI input you are viewing so make sure you are watching the Beyonwiz when you set the "Full pixel" option.

Quote from: csutak40 on March 05, 2016, 09:43:30 PM
Then I found the OSD settings on the Wiz (see attached)  I changed all of the numbers, it didn't seem to make any difference.  I couldn't see a "bright band" regardless of what I changed the numbers to. 

As you decrease the Width the right hand side of the picture moves inwards. If you go far enough you will see a white band appear on the right side.

You would then increase the "Move Left/Right" setting to move the whole image to the right, to centre it.

At this if you end up with a white band on both sides you have made the width too small. So you would increase the Width a little bit then decrease the "Move Left/Right" a little bit.

After getting the width correct you need to adjust the Height and "Move Up/Down"position until the circle in the middle looks perfectly round.

You can use the ruler scales to centre the image.

Attached screenshot shows grey band on right side.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: prl on March 06, 2016, 11:12:18 AM
I WILL have to do something about this remote!  As I said, I had it in the bedroom and hardly used it there, watched things on the TV through the network.  Now that it is in the loungeroom I realising what a horrible remote it is.  When I'm sitting in my chair, which is a bit side on from the Wiz, it doesn't work at all (the Toppy has no problems)  So, I have to move to the couch, to sit directly opposite and even then it doesn't work half the time.

That's mainly due to the sensitivity, masking and positioning of the IR receiver in the T3 and T4. Changing to a different remote won't help much with that problem.

The other day I noticed my LCD display in my T4 has moved or warped. The bottom right corner of the display is noticeably back further from the front perspex then the top left corner. I don't know where the IR sensor is located (top-right corner maybe) but I can point my T3 remote way at the ceiling, or at the walls to the left or right or behind me and the T4 still responds. The only time it doesn't receive the signal is if I point the remote below the T4.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: prl on March 12, 2016, 01:06:27 PM
Go back into Manual scan, and repeat the scan using the same values. I don't know the reason for the second scan, but peteru recommends it on the Beyonwiz forum.

You should now have a clean set of channels scanned in the bouquets Last Scanned and Terrestrial TV LCN.

When I did a manual 'complete' scan with region Sydney and 'Clear before scan' enabled it kept the Terrestrial TV LCN file without adding the new channels to it. Maybe this be why peteru recommends to repeat the scan.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

csutak40

Quote from: prl on March 12, 2016, 11:34:14 PM
If you create a new IceTV recording on 7flix, does the timer get the correct channel?

I didn't say that doing the rescan would fix everything, just that the IceTV problems couldn't be sorted out until you'd done a clean scan.

Eureka!!!!

Just set a timer and it worked!  I misunderstood.  I thought that disabling and re-enabling iceTV would force it to re-send the timer, hence fix the missing channel name.  So does this mean that if I delete that timer and re-set it, it should now work?
Cheers,
Judy

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: csutak40 on March 13, 2016, 01:53:05 AM
Eureka!!!!

Just set a timer and it worked!  I misunderstood.  I thought that disabling and re-enabling iceTV would force it to re-send the timer, hence fix the missing channel name.  So does this mean that if I delete that timer and re-set it, it should now work?

If you disable and re-enable iceTV it will wait until '15 minutes since the last fetch' before it does a fetch. After re-enabling IceTV you should click on "Fetch EPG and update timers now' to force a fetch right away.

If you delete the timer you should wait 20 minutes before recreating the timer.

If IceTV cannot delete the timer with the dodgy name you may end up with 2 timers: 1 with the correct name and 1 with the incorrect name. If that happens just delete the dodgy timer from the T4 's timer list.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

csutak40

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on March 13, 2016, 12:22:04 AM
On your Sony TV did you go to "Settings > Set-up > Screen Settings > Display Area" and select the "Full pixel" option?
The setting may only apply to the HDMI input you are viewing so make sure you are watching the Beyonwiz when you set the "Full pixel" option.

Hmm.  That setting only has three options "normal", +1 & -1.  Oh, just discovered +1 actually improved it.  Not perfect, but a lot better.  The word "Favourites" is visible except for half the F.
Also discovered that if I change the Vertical Size to the minimum, it fixes that problem

As you decrease the Width the right hand side of the picture moves inwards. If you go far enough you will see a white band appear on the right side.
I will fiddle with that manana :-)  Thank you
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on March 13, 2016, 12:36:38 AM

The other day I noticed my LCD display in my T4 has moved or warped. The bottom right corner of the display is noticeably back further from the front perspex then the top left corner. I don't know where the IR sensor is located (top-right corner maybe) but I can point my T3 remote way at the ceiling, or at the walls to the left or right or behind me and the T4 still responds. The only time it doesn't receive the signal is if I point the remote below the T4.

So, I need to figure out how to damage the LCD display?  ;D
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

You would then increase the "Move Left/Right" setting to move the whole image to the right, to centre it.

At this if you end up with a white band on both sides you have made the width too small. So you would increase the Width a little bit then decrease the "Move Left/Right" a little bit.

After getting the width correct you need to adjust the Height and "Move Up/Down"position until the circle in the middle looks perfectly round.

You can use the ruler scales to centre the image.

Attached screenshot shows grey band on right side.

Decided to play with it, after all.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but regardless of how much I move the numbers, the screen doesn't move.  I went from 0 to 720, which is the limit.  Incidentally, the screen looks different on the TV then it does on the screen shot from the Web (see attached)
LOL, after fiddling for ages to get the attachments small enough to fit, I now realise that one is only allowed four of them, so will have to sent two as a PS :-)
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

P.S.
Cheers,
Judy