7flix and Media Center Extenders

Started by Dave, March 01, 2016, 04:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Can someone please help me here?
Thanks to IceTV and smart recordings, one of my wife's shows automatically got recorded last night on the new channel 7flix.
When we went to watch it on the Extender that we have it says that the format is not supported.
Can anyone tell me what formatting there is specific to 7flix that is not on the other channels?
Thanks.
Dave.
Antec NSK2480B Case & PSU, Asus M4A785TD-M-EVO motherboard, AMD Phenom II 965 3.40Ghz quad core CPU, 4Gb RAM, Hauppauge HVR2200 Dual Tuner, 1Tb and 500Gb WD HDDs, Windows 10 running NextPVR

prl

Quote from: Dave on March 01, 2016, 04:00:54 PM
... Can anyone tell me what formatting there is specific to 7flix that is not on the other channels? ...
It's MPEG4. Initially digital TV broadcasts were all MPEG2. Then Seven changed its infotainment/betting channels to MPEG4 a while ago. Most of the new channels that have started recently are also MPEG4: Nine HD, 9Life, Ten HD and 7flix (and regional counterparts) are MPEG4. Nine has now also changed its infotainment channels to MPEG4.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave

Thanks Peter.
I thought the answer was going to be something like that.
So I should expect further issues going forward on more of the channels.
Is this a shortcoming in Extenders in general, or maybe the Linksys Extender I use?
Is there some way I can force Media Center to save the programs in a format the extender can access?
All the files are WTV format I thought, but I understand that the content may differ.
Thanks.
Dave.
Antec NSK2480B Case & PSU, Asus M4A785TD-M-EVO motherboard, AMD Phenom II 965 3.40Ghz quad core CPU, 4Gb RAM, Hauppauge HVR2200 Dual Tuner, 1Tb and 500Gb WD HDDs, Windows 10 running NextPVR

prl

Unless the Media Centre is transcoding the files as they are recorded, the files will be in the standard being broadcast, MPEG2 or MPEG4. No idea what the encapsulation in the WTV files is, but Wikipedia says it can contain either MPEG2 or MPEG4. No idea about your other questions, either, sorry.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing