Stopping early and fragmenting programs

Started by Ian Spencer @ Home, January 17, 2016, 11:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Spencer @ Home

I had Windows 8.1 running and started getting annoyed due to programs starting late and fragmenting. Decided to do Fresh install of Windows 10 and same issue. Gone back to window 7 again same issue.

I am in Australia

I have
Asrock Z77 Extreme6 mother board.
16GB Ram i7 Processor onboard Intel HD4000 Graphics
1 x Quad Digital Now PCIe Tuner
2 x Duel HVR-2200  PCIe Tuners
8 Tuners in Total
All Tuners latest Drivers
I use TunerSalad 32 to enable extra tuners

Seems after each rebuild it works well for a few days and random  Stops early then starts again immediately new Recording showing Error.
Usually 3 or more fragments starting immediately after each Event 3 failure so I get the whole program in multiple pieces. I have even spent several hours recording multiple programs with all tuners in use without failure!
I use ICETV for guide data and Scheduling programs but have even installed and run without ICETV and same issue although I have done my brain in trying so many options and I am sick of fresh installing and tuning and selecting Sources for so many tuners. I now have image backup for fresh and with media center install for Windows 7, 8.1 and 10

I use 2 Minutes Pre Hard Padding and 15 minutes Post Hard Padding.

From Event Log one example
Recording of Diagnosis Murder: Murder in the Dark began as scheduled on 16/01/2016 1:58:02 AM and stopped early on 16/01/2016 2:53:00 AM due to a schedule change.
Recording of Diagnosis Murder: Murder in the Dark began late on 16/01/2016 2:53:02 AM due to a temporary failure caused by either a system malfunction or a power loss and stopped early on 16/01/2016 2:58:00 AM due to a schedule change.
Recording of Diagnosis Murder: Murder in the Dark began late on 16/01/2016 2:58:04 AM due to a temporary failure caused by either a system malfunction or a power loss and stopped on 16/01/2016 3:15:00 AM.

One final issue is when we lose signal (my antenna is fine) due to being on the end of a chain of TV repeaters the program starting will very fast try All tuners including those in Use and cause similar issues!

Any suggestions appreciated.