No data ch7 Melbourne for today

Started by Pauloz53, December 29, 2015, 05:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pauloz53

Daniel,
Good to know the gaps are getting attention.

If the fix requires changes to the plugin can you also address the GEM-9HD bug too? It appears the plugin requires an update to correctly handle the timers for 9HD where it now exists.

These two bugs are spoiling the IceTV experience.

Like csutak40, I have had no success with disable - enable.

Regards,
Paul

simoncasey

Quote from: Pauloz53 on January 01, 2016, 02:27:35 PM
If the fix requires changes to the plugin can you also address the GEM-9HD bug too? It appears the plugin requires an update to correctly handle the timers for 9HD where it now exists.
That's not really anything that IceTV can do to fix this as they don't differentiate between the old/new channels on the save service id. The problem is likely that you still have a reference to GEM in your device. A full rescan with the clear before scan option turned on should remove the reference to GEM and then all should be well.
Alternatively, you could edit your lamedb file base don the instructions from me and prl on the beyonwiz forum.

prl

What simoncasey said.

AFAIK IceTV has not contributed directly to the coding of the T series IceTV plugin. If it needs to be changed, it's  really up to peteru or me.

However, the GEM/9HD problems are with the scan data on the Beyonwiz, not with the IceTV data or server. The protocol might be argued to be deficient in some ways, though.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

simoncasey

Quote from: prl on January 01, 2016, 08:14:44 PM
What simoncasey said.

AFAIK IceTV has not contributed directly to the coding of the T series IceTV plugin. If it needs to be changed, it's  really up to peteru or me.

However, the GEM/9HD problems are with the scan data on the Beyonwiz, not with the IceTV data or server. The protocol might be argued to be deficient in some ways, though.
I'm just posting some more detailed instructions for windows users on the topic in the BW forum, can you check them?

Pauloz53

Thanks Simon. Happy to oblige.

It hadn't registered with me that 9HD GEM thing was because I hadn't cleared and re scanned. I'll go back to the Beyonwiz forum and report back there - probably tomorrow.

And on the plugin, IMHO IceTV should be paying you guys for the work you do making their business possible! ☺

simoncasey

Quote from: Pauloz53 on January 01, 2016, 08:59:02 PM
Thanks Simon. Happy to oblige.
Don't take this the wrong way, but the request to check what I wrote was aimed at prl.;)

Pauloz53

prl

Quote from: simoncasey on January 01, 2016, 08:32:11 PM
I'm just posting some more detailed instructions for windows users on the topic in the BW forum, can you check them?

The only quibble I'd have is that it probably should make clear that the ONID/TSID/SID triple is location specific. It won't be the same in Sydney, say, as it is in Melbourne.

Otherwise, it looks good.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing