No data ch7 Melbourne for today

Started by Pauloz53, December 29, 2015, 05:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pauloz53

Maybe pointless posting since IceTV is on shutdown.

My T3 is blank in all bouquets for channel 7 Melbourne for today only. All other channels are populated.  The P2's and S1 are OK as is the android app and the website guide.

Tried disabling and re-enabling the plugin, no change. Re-fetched the EPG. No change. Disabled IceTV.  Checked EPG was empty. Went to the website and resent the timers.  Re-fetched the EPG.  No change - ch7 empty to midnight today. All other channels ok. Log says the fetch was successful after each fetch.

Any ideas on how to fix this welcome.  Only affects today. The timer for Chicago Fire tonight is set ok.
Thanks, Paul

simoncasey

Try disabling icetv, then going to the epg to check the epg is blank. Then reboot the BW and then reenable icetv and do a fetch.

Pauloz53

Thanks Simon,
Tried your suggestion but it's still the same. All bar Ch7 are populated as normal.  Only Ch7 starts from midnight. I suspect that my T3 registration with IceTV is corrupt because the phone app will only let me record on the T3 if I  program it first then add one of the other PVRs as the backup. Whether this is related or not I have no idea.

It is not a big deal today but SHMBO is looking for an excuse to dump IceTV. Glitches like this don't help the cause.
Paul

simoncasey

Actually, I've just looked in my guide and I have the same gap for seven with no epg data for today. I'm in Melbourne too, so I assume this is a problem in the icetv BW server for Melbourne.

kazz

I thought it was just me,  I also have no data for channel 7's Melbourne today either.

csutak40

Quote from: kazz on December 29, 2015, 09:01:56 PM
I thought it was just me,  I also have no data for channel 7's Melbourne today either.

Of course it is now "tomorrow" but I do have data now (also Melbourne)
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Pauloz53

Thanks all. So it is an IceTV problem afterall!

Today's special is ABC NEWS 24. No data on that channel.

prl

Quote from: Pauloz53 on December 30, 2015, 06:00:47 PM

In the ACT IceGuide, there's no EPG data for ABC News 24 from 19:00 to 23:00 tonight (Wed 30 Dec). The rest of the EPG looks good out to about 23:30 Tue 5 Jan.

Beyonwiz T3. Firmware 2015-12-23 01:58.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

csutak40

Quote from: Pauloz53 on December 30, 2015, 06:00:47 PM

Weird!  I do have data for ABC News  I don't have any for ABC3, but not sure if there's supposed to be data for that or not
Cheers,
Judy

prl

Quote from: csutak40 on December 30, 2015, 10:25:59 PM
...  I don't have any for ABC3, but not sure if there's supposed to be data for that or not

There is supposed to be data for ABC3.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

simoncasey

I've got abc3 and abc4 but I've lost seven again until 00.30 tomorrow. Not sure from when but it certainly wasn't the whole day like yesterday.

simoncasey

I also noticed I had a large gap on Friday on Ten during the evening but I managed to resolve that by disabling and then renabling the icetv plugin.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

We are looking into some issues with the way incremental updates are delivered to the Beyonwiz T series PVR's.

There has been some extra debugging put in place to find the issue, however it could take a couple of weeks to track it down.

In the meantime it does appear to be restricted to the incremental updates process, so if you do see gaps in the guide please disable, then re-enable the IceTV plugin to force a full guide download and the gaps will disappear.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

csutak40

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on December 31, 2015, 05:30:57 PM

In the meantime it does appear to be restricted to the incremental updates process, so if you do see gaps in the guide please disable, then re-enable the IceTV plugin to force a full guide download and the gaps will disappear.
That doesn't always seem to work for me.
As I mentioned, for some reason (while all other timers changed to the correct time) The Hungarian program on Chnl 31 next sunday, didn't change.  Everything around it became the correct time, but that one show remained an hour off.  May have had something to do with the fact that it was also blank (only time and channel showing, not the name of the show)  (I've sent a screen shot of it previously) 
I tried disabling then re enabling the IceTV plugin, didn't fix the problem.  In the end, what fixed it was to manually delete that timer and then resetting the IceTV plugin
I don't understand how the T4 and/or the IceTV plugin works enough to know why this happened.  I also had quite a few blank timers beside that one (about four shows recorded like that in the last couple of days) but now they seem to be OK  Hmm.  Just checked, I have some blank ones again - next Wednesday!
Cheers,
Judy

simoncasey

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on December 31, 2015, 05:30:57 PM
We are looking into some issues with the way incremental updates are delivered to the Beyonwiz T series PVR's.

There has been some extra debugging put in place to find the issue, however it could take a couple of weeks to track it down.

The disable/enable thing seems to work 80% of the time, particularly for short gaps that seem to be due to incremental epg changes. Although the big channel 7 gap earlier wasn't fixed by that.