Blank title in timer

Started by simoncasey, December 02, 2015, 08:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simoncasey

Does anybody with a t series currently have any icetv timers with blank titles. I'm trying to track what is happening to them but I don't have any at present as the last ones got tidied up.

This is a follow on from another thread that went off topic slightly. http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/general-discussions/1/resend/4840/msg25296#msg25296

tonymy01

Found some, they are quite a way into the future though...  all on SBS2 10th Dec.
Guide is well and truly blank from 9th Dec.  Finishes around 8th Midnight.  See attachments.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

tonymy01

And, checking my recordings, a bunch on Ten?
I am not sure if this is where timeshift is saved, I am os at the moment and my 10year old son is trying to learn to use the PVR, perhaps he kept saving the timeshift buffer and this might explain those?
edit:  actually, no, it is the shows Biggest Loser, Limitless and the F1, all on Ten Digital.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

simoncasey

Thanks

Do you know what the blank timers might be for? It's obviously hard to tell without a title. I could set the same program to record and see what I get too.

From here I expect a few possible outcomes

1 they will disappear and then the real timers will appear closer to right day (probably on Friday)
2 they will stay as blank and the epg will get populated. I believe that at this stage of is possible to restart the BW and for the title to be updated
3 there will be a empty area in the epg and the titles will remain blank

I believe that if outcome 3 happens or outcome 2 happens and you don't restart the BW during the week then you will end up with a recording with a blank title

Unfortunately, outcome 1 is the most common and they just end up resolving themselves closer to the time

csutak40

Can I ask an  OT question?  How do you make screen shots like the above.  The only way I can think of is to take an actual photo of it, but it never looks as good as these, so there must be a trick I  don't know about  :D
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

tonymy01

I am overseas, so photos of the screen is difficult ;)
Luckily the T series Beyonwiz have a web interface.    Ignore the URL in my web page screen cap below here, I am doing some SSH port tunnelling as no matter what client I try, I cannot seem to get my router VPN working successfully, so using SSH with port mapping over the tunnel.  The URL in your house will be http://ip_address_of_beyonwiz  (or name like beyonwizt4 works I think, except I have 2xt4, I can set a name in the router thankfully).

So then it is just a matter of right click save image, very nifty!  You can edit bouquets, view EPG and other stuff too in the web interface, so very handy.  If you manage to get a decent router with good VPN suppport (not like my lousy Netgear DGND3700v2 which has something, but every client I have tried including the Netgear commercial one refuse to connect), then, with a public DNS (i used to use dyndns but they started charging, now using the router supported no-ip/ddns.net), then you can access your home network from a remote location securely.
Regards
Tony

tonymy01

Quote from: simoncasey on December 02, 2015, 10:29:20 AM
Do you know what the blank timers might be for? It's obviously hard to tell without a title.
I edited my post as you posted.  It seems to be for 3 shows all back to back on Sunday night, it didn't impact Monday night at all.   I don't put the Wiz into full standby, just warm standby (dunno if my son used it over that period either, he usually doesn't).
See following night is fine..

p.s. the scrolling is a bit annoying in the Wiz, I wanted to show all the SBS guides, but once you reach the bottom of the EPG page when moving down channel by channel, it goes up a full page at a time, for both EPG and recordings it seems.
Regards
Tony

simoncasey

Quote from: tonymy01 on December 02, 2015, 10:56:12 AM
Quote from: simoncasey on December 02, 2015, 10:29:20 AM
Do you know what the blank timers might be for? It's obviously hard to tell without a title.
I edited my post as you posted.  It seems to be for 3 shows all back to back on Sunday night, it didn't impact Monday night at all.   I don't put the Wiz into full standby, just warm standby (dunno if my son used it over that period either, he usually doesn't).
I meant the future timers on SBS 2. If I know what they are I can see if I get the same blank timers. I'm trying to see if the blank timer thing is a system wide problem affecting everybody who records the same show (maybe in a region) or a random thing where different people get different empty titles.

csutak40

Quote from: tonymy01 on December 02, 2015, 10:37:48 AM
  The URL in your house will be http://ip_address_of_beyonwiz   (or name like beyonwizt4 works I think, except I have 2xt4, I can set a name in the router thankfully).

Thanks very much!
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

prl

... or name like beyonwizt4 works I think, except I have 2xt4, I can set a name in the router thankfully ...
On routers that will add the T series Beyonwizes to their DNS automatically, you can just change the network name of the T series box and reboot it.

MENU>Setup>Network>Network services>Mount manager>Change hostname. Yes, I think its a bit of an odd place to put it, too :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: prl on December 02, 2015, 04:47:37 PM
... or name like beyonwizt4 works I think, except I have 2xt4, I can set a name in the router thankfully ...
On routers that will add the T series Beyonwizes to their DNS automatically, you can just change the network name of the T series box and reboot it.

MENU>Setup>Network>Network services>Mount manager>Change hostname. Yes, I think its a bit of an odd place to put it, too :)

Not only an odd place but also some odd behaviour when it comes to case sensitivity. When I first got my T3 I renamed it's hostname to BeyonwizT3 with a capitol B and a capitol T but then my router's Network Map showed it as BeyonwizT3beyonwizt3 and when I wanted to access the T3 via openwebif or it's UNC name I needed to use it's IP address instead. So I put it back to beyonwizt3.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

I'll try changing the case of the hostname on one of my test T3s to include capitals. Capitols are usually too big to fit inside a PVR ;)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

simoncasey

Quote from: prl on December 03, 2015, 12:00:03 PM
I'll try changing the case of the hostname on one of my test T3s to include capitals. Capitols are usually too big to fit inside a PVR ;)
If you want to change the case to Capitols, then you will literally need to change to a bigger case :)

prl

I just had a look at the name mappings for my Beyonwizes in my router (Fritz!Box 7390), and one of my test T3s showed up as beyonwizt3beyonwizt3 without  me making any changes to it. It was definitely in the router's DNS as beyonwizt3beyonwizt3 (running dnslookup only returns a mapping for that name, not for beyonwizt3). It was accessible as beyonwizt3 yesterday, and I haven't done anything to its network name recently. The name in /etc/hostname is beyonwizt3.

Even after shutting it down, clearing its entries from the router and rebooting, it's still showing up as beyonwizt3beyonwizt3.  ::)

Some time ago I changed the name of the other test T3 to the unimaginative beyonwizt3a. That's in the router tables with the correct name.

It doesn't look as though the problem has anything to do with upper case letters (or large legislature buildings) in the name. I have no idea whether it's the Beyonwiz or the router that's the guilty party.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

simoncasey

Quote from: prl on December 03, 2015, 12:25:59 PM
I just had a look at the name mappings for my Beyonwizes in my router (Fritz!Box 7390), and one of my test T3s showed up as beyonwizt3beyonwizt3 without  me making any changes to it. It was definitely in the router's DNS as beyonwizt3beyonwizt3 (running dnslookup only returns a mapping for that name, not for beyonwizt3). It was accessible as beyonwizt3 yesterday, and I haven't done anything to its network name recently. The name in /etc/hostname is beyonwizt3.

Even after shutting it down, clearing its entries from the router and rebooting, it's still showing up as beyonwizt3beyonwizt3.  ::)

Some time ago I changed the name of the other test T3 to the unimaginative beyonwizt3a. That's in the router tables with the correct name.

It doesn't look as though the problem has anything to do with upper case letters (or large legislature buildings) in the name. I have no idea whether it's the Beyonwiz or the router that's the guilty party.

Have you tried it on a T4? MrQuade posted earlier that he thought that they had different versions of network software that affected how the T3s name resolution appeared in network browsing - although that was using a master browser rather than dns.

Not sure what any of this has to do with blank titles appearing in IceTV timers.