Skippa and flaky internet

Started by angyp, November 30, 2015, 02:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angyp

I have very flack internet at home and I have noticed that when the internet is down so is my skippa. While my DSL is retraining and reconnecting the PPP the skippa is completely unresponsive. Can't change channel can't stop or ff a recording. The red light flashes to show it's receiving the signal nothing happens. Has anyone else experienced this? Although I haven't sniffed the traffic it would be  worry if the skippa has to send something to the internet for every button pushed.   

Dave at IceTV

Try setting a fixed IP address.

It could be trying to detect the catchup TV stream from the channel you are viewing. Or accessing IceTV once every 10 minutes.

During bootup the skippa will allow you to go offline if it cannot connect to IceTV. But this won't help if it happens while in use.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

angyp

Hi Dave,

I am already using a static IP address on the box. I done a packet sniff last night and found shortly after the internet goes down the TLS connection to Amazon (assume Icetv) breaks and then you lose control. It's easy to reproduce connect the skippa to a switch then pull that switches uplink out, wait between 10 and 30 seconds and now the  remote won't work.