Changes didn't "take"

Started by csutak40, November 16, 2015, 04:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

As I am new to Beyonwiz, not sure whom to blame  :D  I had to go out tonight, but before I did, I had a look on the IceTV Webpage and saw that the changes to the programming have been done.  So, as this was around 6.30-7 and I have the T4 set to update every 15 minutes, I presumed the changes will fix themselves.  Didn't have time to check...  I also set the Channel 7 special at 8pm to record

I just had a look, it didn't!  I then checked the Beautiful Lies, which was the only other program that was set to record.  As it happens (because I have 1/2 hr padding on the shows, I did get all of it, but it was obvious that it was still set to start at 8.30, because I got a large chunk of Dr Who and had a very small bit to spare at the end.

So, why is it so?  Did I do something wrong and if so, what?
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

raymondjpg

Quote from: csutak40 on November 16, 2015, 04:42:50 AMSo, as this was around 6.30-7 and I have the T4 set to update every 15 minutes, I presumed the changes will fix themselves.

I think only if the T4 is in standby, not deep standby.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

csutak40

So, is there a way to force an update?
Cheers,
Judy

raymondjpg

Quote from: csutak40 on November 16, 2015, 06:26:49 PM

It is a while since I ran my T2 on IceTV (I have persisted with the OTA EPG for now) but my recollection is that clicking on the IceTV Plugin there is an option to refresh the EPG and Timers i.e. force an update.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

simoncasey

Quote from: csutak40 on November 16, 2015, 06:26:49 PM

It depends if what raymond suggested was the cause. If your T4 was shutdown/in deep standby then nothing will prompt it to switch on and get an updated icetv guide and it obviously can't receive updates when it is off. In that situation, if you know there are big changes to the guide, you need to switch it on so it can connect to the Internet and get those changes.

But it's not clear that is what the problem was. So you fully shutdown your device when it is not in use?

csutak40

OK. panic has set it and I am hoping someone here will be able to help me,  without me having to study the entire manual and search through the Forum. I have not yet started using the T4 in earnest.  Set it up, but haven't had the time to study its ins and outs.  Set up the timers, which seemed to work fine up till now...
I just went to attempt a forced update from IceTV and, first thing that happened was that I couldn't find where to do that.  Then I looked at the EPG and discovered that most of the set recordings have disappeared completely.  The only thing left for today is ABC, an SBS show for tomorrow, then nothing until Friday  :'(  See (very bad) attached photo  All the timers are still present and accounted for on the IceTV website.
Can someone please shed light on what could have gone wrong, please?
Cheers,
Judy

raymondjpg

Quote from: csutak40 on November 16, 2015, 07:41:02 PMI just went to attempt a forced update from IceTV and, first thing that happened was that I couldn't find where to do that.

It is possible that you have "lost" the IceTV Plugin with the latest public firmware update.

To force an update from IceTV press the plugins button on the remote. It will bring up a list of plugins. If the IceTV Plugin is there then fine. Select it and force an update. Also make sure in the menu for the plugin that IceTV is enabled.

If it is not in the plugin list then it needs to be downloaded and installed. You do this from the Menu setup, somewhere towards the left. You should find it under system plugins. Don't be deterred by it being called "experimental". Download and install it, then REBOOT the T4. Then find the plugin through the plugins button on the remote and enable IceTV. Then force an update.

If installed and configured as default it should poll IceTV automatically for updates every 15 minutes if in standby mode, but not if you put the T4 into deep standby.

csutak40

Thank you very much!  Problem solved!  Seems the plugin disappeared, had to download it again.  Weird, as it has been quite a few days ago I installed the upgrade, unless it had a week's worth of EPGs and I hadn't noticed that it wasn't downloading new ones  :-\
It sort of had part of it still there, I didn't have  to log into IcetV again, it knew my log in
Cheers,
Judy

raymondjpg

Quote from: csutak40 on November 16, 2015, 11:52:37 PM
Thank you very much!  Problem solved!  Seems the plugin disappeared, had to download it again.  Weird, as it has been quite a few days ago I installed the upgrade, unless it had a week's worth of EPGs and I hadn't noticed that it wasn't downloading new ones  :-\
It sort of had part of it still there, I didn't have  to log into IcetV again, it knew my log in

I guessed it was that from your My Week page showing some timers had registered, and others not. The new firmware did not install the IceTV Plugin automatically, hence the need to download and install it again. Some other plugins installed automatically with the previous firmware, like EPGRefresh, also had to be downloaded and installed manually after the November firmware upgrade.

prl

Hi, Judy.

Just an aside about posting screen images from the T series. You can connect to the box using Open WebIf. Just point your browser at the device's IP address, or with some routers you can use the device's network name (beyonwizt4 in the case of your T4) in the URL. Then click on Box Control>Grab Screenshot, and right-click on the image and Save Image...

No camera shake or distortion :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing