Do i need an active paid account to use Skippa?

Started by Marty_46, November 26, 2015, 11:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marty_46

I barely watch TV and when I bought my Skippa I thought that I could at least have standard PVR functionality without having a paid IceTV account. Was I wrong?

TimC

Yes.

One of the drawbacks of Skippa is that it can't access a Free to Air Program Guide.  The original IceTV were offering a Lifetime subscription, so it wasn't an issue. 

However, when the original IceTV went belly up (because of the Skippa). The new IceTV couldn't support the Lifetime subscriptions. Hence the problem.

The simple solution is the use your refund (If you used PayPal or a credit card to purchase- i.e Goods purchased not supplied) to pay for the IceTv subscriptions.  That will get you about 4 years worth.

I'm not sure whether the Skippa will display channels without IceTV or not.  Please enlighten us.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

IanL-S

The SKIPPA EPG only show those LCNs for which IceTV provides EPG data. So no racing.com, eXtra or the like. But you do get SBS Food Network and the new 9Life.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dave at IceTV

Marty,

There is a software bug in version 1.1.10600 that stops AutoSkip and IceTV from working. This bug and others have been fixed in the latest software update, version 1.1.10604. As this update was never uploaded to the auto-update server you will need to update via a USB stick / USB thumb drive.

The following link has a link to download the software update and explains how to update the Skippa from a USB stick.
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/97066117-How-to-update-the-software-from-a-USB-stick
cheers

Dave
Customer Service