SBS The Fall is a repeat

Started by Pauloz53, November 26, 2015, 04:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pauloz53

SBS is repeating The Fall but IceTV is showing it as new. It is not the only instance of this.

I also noticed that we often have blanks in the EPG. I expect  better from a paid service guys & gals.

Paul

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Paul,

Do you have an example timeslot, we have just had a look and they appear correct. The season 2 episodes on Thursdays are a first run, then these are repeated on the following Tuesday which are correctly marked as repeats.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Pauloz53

Daniel, my mistake. It is new to SBS as you point out but it was screened on Foxtel earlier. So in that sense it is not truly new. But not your fault if SBS claim it as new.

Re gaps in the guide, right now it is ok. Usually it has been the secondary channels that have blanks in late night early morning slots. Usually the shows are crap but gaps still annoy.
Paul

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Paul,

No problems, however for repeats we will mark it as a repeat if it has ever been on free-to-air TV before, no matter what channel, but we don't track Foxtel for repeat information as the broadcast is not available to everyone. In these instances we will always mark it as first run if it has already aired on Foxtel but not on free-to-air.

What PVR do you have that you are seeing gaps on?
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Pauloz53

Thanks Daniel. Good to know.

Beyonwiz T3. Most notably it is One HD that has gaps some nights but I've also seen it on GEM and 7 Two but not recently.  I am a night owl and it is usually around 1 or 2am when I see this.

Paul