ABC (LCN2) and ABC(LCN21) not showing ABC News Program title on BW T2

Started by JPP, November 14, 2015, 06:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPP

There is a hole in the Program Guide at 7pm (blank line, no entry) for the ABC LCN2 and ABC LCN21 for the ABC News title. Oddly, ABC24 and ABC(22) are both OK.

This is a odd one (just one title and description for one time slot missing, and not on every channel for that service) and may possibly help ICETV in diagnosing what has lately been a frustrating number of issues with some PVRs. But, I'm fairly new to the T2, so it may just be a Beyonwiz issue.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

Dave at IceTV

If that is for Sunday it would be a temporary result of IceTV recently changing the title of Sunday's 'ABC News' to 'ABC News Sunday' and then today changing it back to 'ABC News' to avoid breaking everyone's existing series recordings for the ABC News.

Maybe the T2 got confused by the title change. The T2 should pickup the changed title within 10 or 20 minutes.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

JPP

No, that's for now currently showing. My Skippa and Toppy's XML feed and EPG are OK. Tomorrow's ABC News entry is OK. I did reboot the T2, just to be sure, but it came up with the same hole.

It's obviously not a biggie - just thought that it could help finding those gremlins that currently seem to be getting inside the EPG data.

Edit: It's now 7.25pm and suddenly the ABC News title and description has come up. Go figure... ??? I think I'll just put this down to a Wiz glitch....
Phil.

Dave at IceTV

I'm seeing it too on a T4 (also in Sydney). I can see a gap from 18:30 to 19:30 on ABC1 (I can't see back further than 18:30 on the T4 so I don't where the blank show starts).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

JPP

Phil.

simoncasey

This is happening a lot on the fees for the T series as I have posted on umerous times, often affecting up to 10 hours of epg on an individual channel in a particular region. It really needs to be fixed - I received a support response saying it had been fixed.

JPP

Phil.

simoncasey

Quote from: JPP on November 14, 2015, 11:13:41 PM
So is this an ICETV data problem or a Wiz T series problem?
It appears to be an icetv issue. Note that the t series (like some others) are on a different api/server to other devices. When it happens it appears to affect t series devices on a specific channel and in a specific region. I don't really know how it works but it seems as if the t3 server is not being updated with the correct data. 

nis200sx

Quote from: simoncasey on November 14, 2015, 11:25:24 PM
Quote from: JPP on November 14, 2015, 11:13:41 PM
So is this an ICETV data problem or a Wiz T series problem?
It appears to be an icetv issue. Note that the t series (like some others) are on a different api/server to other devices. When it happens it appears to affect t series devices on a specific channel and in a specific region. I don't really know how it works but it seems as if the t3 server is not being updated with the correct data.

But doesn't the skippa use the same api/server as the t series bwiz & Phil (JPP) said his skippa was okay.
Dave

simoncasey

I am not sure about skippa, I know that when the T series were introduced they had their own specific api and server. I said it appears to be an icetv issue because a) when it happens it only affects t series users in a specific region, which implies it is a problem with the data and b) when I raised a support request icetv responded to me (after it was too late) and said they had fixed the issue, c) this problem has only started occurring subsequent to the new icetv starting up and there wasn't a corresponding change on the t series.
However it could be an issue with the t series that hasn't manifested itself prior to now or this specific issue could be unrelated to the other reported issues.