Skippa missing some recordings

Started by carmal8, November 11, 2015, 05:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carmal8

Has anyone had a problem with their Skippa missing recording programs even though they are set up in My Week and My Series? This happened to me on 3 occasions when programs have followed on from each other on the same channel,

I had set up the padding for end of program for an additional 25 minutes as the commercial channels are notorious for time overruns! I have now changed this to 5 minutes to see if that had any bearing on the problem.

Also I notice the Skippa doesn't go into standby mode after it finishes recording even though I put in for it to do so after 1 hour of no activity.

Any thoughts?

TimC

Quote from: carmal8 on November 11, 2015, 05:02:49 PM
Has anyone had a problem with their Skippa missing recording programs even though they are set up in My Week and My Series? This happened to me on 3 occasions when programs have followed on from each other on the same channel,

I had set up the padding for end of program for an additional 25 minutes as the commercial channels are notorious for time overruns! I have now changed this to 5 minutes to see if that had any bearing on the problem.

Also I notice the Skippa doesn't go into standby mode after it finishes recording even though I put in for it to do so after 1 hour of no activity.

Any thoughts?

The missing recordings may be a result of the EPG being a little out over the last few weeks. Sometimes the repeat flags are incorrectly set.
IceTV2 is still in catchup mode.  They are trying hard, but the multitude of channels, & regions makes it difficult to stay on top of it at the moment.

For the time being it is wise to do a scan of the Guide once or twice a week to ensure there is a record flag against the series recordings you had set up.
Alternatively change the Series Recordings to Record all. You will have to delete the ones you don't want.

Hopefully the EPG will get sorted out soon. Its a bigger job than you might think.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

Carljh

This is the one major problem that I have with Skippa.  It was one show that is on 4 nights a week that continually didn't record and have tried all things such setting as all shows, just setting  to the correct network and eventually canceling the series recording and recording individual episodes.  This work last night but back to normal today.  This last few days there have been a couple of other shows that were scheduled but failed to record.  I am trying to persevere with Skippa as overall I am quite happy with it and with new firmware updates (which I know are not going to happen) had the potential of being one of the best PVR's on the market. Luckily I still have my trusty old TiVo and set the shows I don't think will record on that.

carmal8

Thanks for that Tim and Carl. I did notice only yesterday that the recording times on the SKippa and the recording times on the Ice EPG varied by 5 minutes or so. I deleted everything and reset all my programs with only a 5 minute padding at the end as well as the beginning so will be interested to see how that goes. Will await further news from Ice TV as to how they are going re the EPG.

Like you Carl I am pretty happy with the performance of Skippa otherwise and have been impressed with the add skipping. Hopefully we can get these bugs sorted.

I am keeping my old Topfield in reserve just in case!!

TimC

Quote from: carmal8 on November 12, 2015, 09:02:45 PM
I deleted everything and reset all my programs with only a 5 minute padding at the end as well as the beginning

IceTV recommends at least 5 Min before (provides a bit of program that helps AddSkip to work) and 30 min after to cater for program slippage.  The networks like to muck things up a bit to make recording programs less successful.

Quote from: carmal8 on November 12, 2015, 09:02:45 PM
Hopefully we can get these bugs sorted.

Zero hope of getting any bugs sorted. There will be no more firmwares.

The main issue at the moment is inaccuracy in the EPG due to IceTV running on a shoestring.

The sooner the Administrator is done the better.  They may be able to put on more staff to handle the workload.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

IanL-S

Sometimes 5 minutes pre-padding is not enough. I had a few programs on Nine Network start 5 or 10 minutes earlier this week. So, I would go for 15 minutes pre-padding (that is what I use on my Toppys).

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help