7100HDPvrt freezing also icetv epg errors

Started by sam3667, November 08, 2015, 06:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

decast

I'm in Canberra. I remove ABC2 and it stopped the locking up for most of the day. It is now locking up again. I tried unchecking half the channels and no joy. This is very frustrating. :-[

Flexo

Quote from: decast on November 11, 2015, 04:24:36 PM
I'm in Canberra. I remove ABC2 and it stopped the locking up for most of the day. It is now locking up again. I tried unchecking half the channels and no joy. This is very frustrating. :-[
I agree Decast, it is a bit frustrating. I just tested mine again and it is only ABC2 here in Melbourne that is the problem.

Just confirming the process to disable the channel: Go to My Account/Guide Settings on the IceTV web page. Select the drop-down list beside ABC2 and select Disabled. This should un-tick ABC2 and apply Disabled to it. Select Save Settings.

If that process is the one you've tried, there must be another channel in Canberra with the dodgy characters in the EPG. Your attempt to clear by disabling half the channels would suggest that it's a problem in the other half. You might like to verify that too by swapping which half you had disabled and work your way down to the culprit channel.

Flexo

Something I neglected to say: You need to power down/up your 7100 between each modification to the channels on your IceTV account to force the EPG download.

decast

Is that just a power down on the remote to clear the lockup, or pull the power cord. At the moment I am trying soft power off (using the remote), unplug the network, turn on, set the guide to air, plug in network, check that the network is ok, change the guide to ice and wait for a lockup.

Dave at IceTV

Hi decast,

I see your problem. You have unticked almost all of the channels in the left hand column, but they are all still enabled in the right hand column. In the right hand column you have 3 choices: 'All', 'Disable' or the channel number. Some channels have multiple channel number choices. Others only have 1.

- Channels unchecked in the left column will be hidden from the TV guide on the website and iPhone apps (but still sent to PVRs).
- Channels set to "Disable" in the right column won't be sent to PVRs.

I have fixed all of those for you, and left ABC2 disabled.

You also had another potential cause of your Topfield freezing. You had two 7TWOs enabled and two GEMs enabled. I have fixed these for you too.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

decast

Thanks, I was at the stage of one channel at a time, but obviously I was doing it wrong. I just checked and bingo, so far so good

Flexo

Quote from: decast on November 11, 2015, 06:17:41 PM
Is that just a power down on the remote to clear the lockup, or pull the power cord. At the moment I am trying soft power off (using the remote), unplug the network, turn on, set the guide to air, plug in network, check that the network is ok, change the guide to ice and wait for a lockup.
decast,
Soft power off is all I do. I wasn't unplugging the network or setting the guide to Air, just power refreshing the Toppy. I think Dave's set you right now.

coolbaci

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on November 10, 2015, 04:51:43 PM
Thanks Flexo,

We think we have found the problem character(s) and amended the affected show. Can you re-enable ABC2 and see if the 7100 continues to behave itself.

Confirmed working in Melbourne now without any channels being unselected.

kidhazy

Quote from: coolbaci on November 11, 2015, 08:23:26 PM
Quote from: Dave at IceTV on November 10, 2015, 04:51:43 PM
Thanks Flexo,

We think we have found the problem character(s) and amended the affected show. Can you re-enable ABC2 and see if the 7100 continues to behave itself.

Confirmed working in Melbourne now without any channels being unselected.

Another plus for working with all channels available in Melbourne tonight.

Cheers.
Thanks,
kidhazy.

Flexo

I agree. All channels active, no lockup now.

Dave,
Did you fix it or did we just move past the offending EPG data?

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Flexo on November 11, 2015, 10:38:26 PM
I agree. All channels active, no lockup now.

Dave,
Did you fix it or did we just move past the offending EPG data?

We found the text character that was causing the problem in tonight's guide data. We're going to make sure it cannot happen again.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Flexo

That's great Dave. Thanks for the effort. I'm now have an active, auto-renewing account again (re-subscribed today). I do hope the IceTV enterprise is successful again. I'd be lost without my Toppy (HW resurrected twice now) and IceTV. They make FTA TV watchable.

tonymy01

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on November 12, 2015, 03:04:27 PM
We found the text character that was causing the problem in tonight's guide data. We're going to make sure it cannot happen again.
What was it?  From memory, you guys in the past were taking the ABC guides as they gave them out, i.e. not much cleaning up, so I guess this is how it snuck in again (the person doing the sanitising didn't get re-employed by TVTV/ICEtv2)?  Was it an angled quotation mark?  I can imagine the SBS guide would be fun with all the umlauts etc.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Dave at IceTV

The ABC guide comes direct from ABC full of lots of foreign characters which some older PVRs can't cope with but this time it seemed to be the | pipe character.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

coolbaci

This has started happening again this morning in Melbourne and can confirm that its ABC22 causing the issue.

Had a quick look at the XML guide (not sure what or how the Topfield actually works) and couldn't see any pipes and only thing which stood out was a different quote type of " or “ in the show "Classical Destinations" at 20151117033000 however based on the date of that show would have expected it to have caused issues earlier.