7100HDPvrt freezing also icetv epg errors

Started by sam3667, November 08, 2015, 06:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toppy2

Sounds like a good plan Dave. I have been experiencing this issue since Sunday so will check my settings tonight and let you know. FYI for anyone else having the same problem I am in the Northern Sydney region

Flexo

Dave - Have a look at ABC2 LCN 22

I've just ran through your testing process and it looks like ABC2 LCN22 is the culprit.
I have this channel disabled and all other LCNs active (I'm in Melb) and my Toppy has been unfrozen for 15 minutes.

Prior to this change, it wouldn't be working after 3 minutes.

Mac37

Quote from: Flexo on November 10, 2015, 04:01:13 PM
Dave - Have a look at ABC2 LCN 22

I've just ran through your testing process and it looks like ABC2 LCN22 is the culprit.
I have this channel disabled and all other LCNs active (I'm in Melb) and my Toppy has been unfrozen for 15 minutes.

Prior to this change, it wouldn't be working after 3 minutes.

Brilliant Flexo

Works for me also here on QLD Sunshine Coast
Thanks for the testing

Mac
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to   Linden TV 65

Dave at IceTV

Thanks Flexo,

We think we have found the problem character(s) and amended the affected show. Can you re-enable ABC2 and see if the 7100 continues to behave itself.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Flexo

Dave,

I re-enabled LCN 22 and the Toppy froze again after power up. Disabled LCN 22 - all OK.

Looks like there are some more dodgy characters in the ABC2 EPG that you haven't found yet.

Dave at IceTV

We have found and fixed some more characters in the ABC2 guide.

Can you try it once more.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Flexo

Still no good Dave. Still locks up when ABC2 enabled.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Flexo on November 10, 2015, 06:17:46 PM

Plan B. We've enabled logging on your account. If you can enable ABC2 and reboot the Topfield until it freezes we should be able to see from the logs what's happening.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Mac37

Runs OK here Qld Sunshine Coast.
EXCEPT - the epg on the toppy does not fill correctly - there are large gaps.
BUT it does not freeze.
EPG on web site OK.

Mac
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to   Linden TV 65

Flexo

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on November 10, 2015, 06:40:29 PM

Plan B. We've enabled logging on your account. If you can enable ACB2 and reboot the Topfield until it freezes we should be able to see from the logs what's happening.

For the benefit of others interested in the solution to this problem, logs have been collected by Dave and the investigation continues at the IceTV "lab"

toppy2

So disabling ABC2 22 appears to have fixed the freezing issue but I still do not see any guide data and get a message saying ice tv server busy try again in 2 minutes. Any one else seeing this?

IanL-S

Quote from: toppy2 on November 10, 2015, 09:29:13 PM
So disabling ABC2 22 appears to have fixed the freezing issue but I still do not see any guide data and get a message saying ice tv server busy try again in 2 minutes. Any one else seeing this?

I seeing some of this. Had populated EPG but was having issues contacting to server. Did a factory reset now I cannot get the Toppy to connect to my LAN. It must be at about 8 years old so its days may well be numbered. The problems started when max device number went back to 5 and I had to create a new account for some of my devices ... and I included the 7100 with them. Got an initial connection set up but no device download. Now after another factory reset yesterday I cannot get a network connection.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dazza-2460-7100

Hi Dave, I disabled ABC2 LCN22 in my ICETV channel select settings, saved that change, all good now, I am in Brisbane so it would seem yes the problem lies in that channel somewhere (good luck finding it),
I get all the rest of the guide now and resent shows to Toppy 7100 after a factory reset, they all came through from what I see, all seem A-okay at the moment  ;)
Regards, Darren.

kidhazy

Quote from: Flexo on November 10, 2015, 07:37:26 PM
Quote from: Dave at IceTV on November 10, 2015, 06:40:29 PM

Plan B. We've enabled logging on your account. If you can enable ACB2 and reboot the Topfield until it freezes we should be able to see from the logs what's happening.

For the benefit of others interested in the solution to this problem, logs have been collected by Dave and the investigation continues at the IceTV "lab"

Thanks for the update (and debug work) Flexo & Dave.  Hopefully the guys-in-white-coats can sort it out in the lab  ;)
Thanks,
kidhazy.