Account Expired

Started by ChrisW, November 05, 2015, 06:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisW

Woke up this morning to find my IceTV XML feed showing all shows as "Expired".

The Skippa also won't connect to IceTV, saying the account is expired.

Logged into my IceTV account and it is showing "Your subscription expired on November 05, 2015", whereas yesterday it was showing as a week away. The account is set to auto-renew.

Update: I checked my account's Auto-Renew section and found all my card details were gone and Auto-Renew was disabled.

I've updated the details and the account is active again, showing expiring in 5 days - not 7?!?!

Looks like the one week grace period has failed somewhere.

Paul55

I made sure auto renew was enabled last night and it's still enabled this morning. But I'm also getting the "your account expired" message on the IceTV website.

Edit: My DP series Beyonwiz is still successfully contacting IceTV.

ChrisW

Having put my card details back in I now realise that the expiry date has reverted to the original grace period date.

All data feeds are now working again for me.

I was thinking putting my details in would debit my card immediately. Not sure why I thought that would set the expiry to 7 days from now - blame early morning befuddlement.

So it looks like the overnight payment facility change has just reset everyone's expiry date to today, and by updating the card details it will revert back to next week, when the first payment should come out.

JPP

Well, this is NOT a good start. I also had my account frozen - had to log into my account on my T2 Wiz, and when I did, the message that came back was that it was an unauthorised request and that my device's subscription had expired.

Note too, that I haven't even yet received the email advising/requesting payment!!

I have now made a single payment via Credit Card and lo and behold, within a minute my account was back up again.

Not a good start at all. What happened to the week's grace?
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

JPP

Quote from: ChrisW on November 05, 2015, 08:37:23 AM
So it looks like the overnight payment facility change has just reset everyone's expiry date to today, and by updating the card details it will revert back to next week, when the first payment should come out.
Not for me. "Your subscription will expire on December 05, 2015 (in 29 days)."
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

Mantorok

I logged into my IceTV account this morning and noticed that it expired today (5-Nov) like everyone else.

I then enabled AutoRenew on my account and the expiry date is now 10-Nov. I think the extra 5 days is to give enough time for the credit card transaction to be processed.  I don't think its the "one more week of EPG data and recording" that the email from Colin was referring to.

Prior to enabling the AutoRenew I still had a week's worth of EPG and timer recordings according to the IceTV iPhone app.

I haven't checked my T4 or Skippa yet as some have reported issues with the them since their account has expired.

simoncasey

Quote from: JPP on November 05, 2015, 08:41:04 AM
Quote from: ChrisW on November 05, 2015, 08:37:23 AM
Not for me. "Your subscription will expire on December 05, 2015 (in 29 days)."
You've paid for the month subscription so that is correct. The other posters have just updated their autorenew settings, they haven't paid yet.

Jondalar

I too found Account Expired despite having setup Auto-Renew on Tuesday.  I've set it up again and all seems good.  It's probably due to the email I got yesterday saying the payment gateway would go live overnight, but it would've looked better if you couldn't setup auto renew earlier when it wasn't going to work...

TimC

Quote from: Jondalar on November 05, 2015, 01:33:29 PM
but it would've looked better if you couldn't setup auto renew earlier when it wasn't going to work...
Unfortunately there are a number of things that "would look better if" for the New IceTV at the moment.

I prefer to be nice and put it down to the fact that they are probably running in a shoestring at the moment and probably have insufficient staff to "get it right first time". 

The reality is, that fiddling around with the technology behind internet pages is not as straight forward as it would appear.
It take a fair bit of testing to get it right.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

tldaley

Hi,

I too have had this problem with my Beyonwiz T4.

This morning I turned on Auto-Renew and put in my credit card number and all was well for a short time.
I them kept getting the message on the T4 to put in my IceTV password, I did this multiple times and kept getting the message to effect of "not authorised to login. Account expired.
I went back to the web page and my account to find it says my account has expired. I re-entered my creadit card number 3 times and it still shows as my account has expired.
I can no longer access the Apple app or an EPG on my T4, luckily it still recorded tonights shows all be it without any info about the shows.

I made 2 phone calls to IceTV to and left messages, but no replies yet (I appreciate they are probably very busy).

I'm just pissed off that up to yesterday all "just worked" which is what I loved about IceTV, now currently it is useless to me and that is after loosing 1 lifetime membership and 1 very recently renewed 1 year subscription.

Rant off.

Ciao,
Trev Daley.

OK, update...

After reading deeper into these forums I cured the problem by just straight out buying my first month with the new service (no week grace period for me). Still no reply to my phone calls or website support ticket!
At lease I now have IceTV back up and running.

Ciao,
Trev Daley.