New iPhone app?

Started by gcstacey, October 29, 2015, 02:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gcstacey

I received an email noting a new iPhone IceTV app was available to download. I note that iTunes recognises this as a different app to the one I already have...the old app seems to be functioning, do I need to download the new one? Will the old one no longer be supported?

Many thanks
Graham

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Graham,

Yes, this is correct, you will need to download the new app for continued support. The old app is only view-able by people that had previously installed it.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Dave

Graham,
I saw a post that the old app will not be getting updates and that you need to download the new one.
The new app includes Spotlight searching.  But more importantly, if there are further enhancements and fixes, only the new app will get updated in the iTunes Store.
My interpretation only  :)
Dave.
Antec NSK2480B Case & PSU, Asus M4A785TD-M-EVO motherboard, AMD Phenom II 965 3.40Ghz quad core CPU, 4Gb RAM, Hauppauge HVR2200 Dual Tuner, 1Tb and 500Gb WD HDDs, Windows 10 running NextPVR

JPP

I didn't get a new email re the new App. But, in trying to locate it in the iTunes store, it would only come up with "icetv - tv guide" and "icetv pty ltd".

But both these lead to the error message " No results for "icetv - tv guide" and the same for the other entry. I couldn't find any icetv entry under tv guide either.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

simoncasey

Try going to the IceTV website on your iPhone and click on the Download on the App Store button. It should open up the IceTV app in the  app store directly

Dave

I just searched the store for IceTV and found it.
Antec NSK2480B Case & PSU, Asus M4A785TD-M-EVO motherboard, AMD Phenom II 965 3.40Ghz quad core CPU, 4Gb RAM, Hauppauge HVR2200 Dual Tuner, 1Tb and 500Gb WD HDDs, Windows 10 running NextPVR

IanL-S

Quote from: Dave on October 29, 2015, 04:23:43 PM
I just searched the store for IceTV and found it.

I found it without trouble when I looked yesterday.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

grampus

Quote from: JPP on October 29, 2015, 04:13:00 PM
I didn't get a new email re the new App. But, in trying to locate it in the iTunes store, it would only come up with "icetv - tv guide" and "icetv pty ltd".

But both these lead to the error message " No results for "icetv - tv guide" and the same for the other entry. I couldn't find any icetv entry under tv guide either.
i had the same issue when using an iPad for the search.   
On my PC iTunes, I was able to select iPhone apps, and found it.
It's still only an IPhone app, but will work on the iPad as well.
BeyonWiz, T3

JPP

Ah.., damn, I keep forgetting about the iPad not showing iPhone apps. Thanks.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

gcstacey

Thanks all, appreciate the info  :)

Cheers
Graham

Dave

Guys,
Are we going to start seeing the Recommendations on the iPhone app again soon?
Dave.

TimC

Quote from: Dave on November 18, 2015, 04:00:42 PM
Guys,
Dave.

Mi Iphone shows the recommendations
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

simoncasey

Quote from: TimC on November 18, 2015, 05:59:41 PM
Quote from: Dave on November 18, 2015, 04:00:42 PM
Guys,
Dave.

Mi Iphone shows the recommendations
Other than Blindspot "coming soon"

TimC

Quote from: simoncasey on November 18, 2015, 06:04:52 PM

Yes, I see one for the Muppets and another for Quantico.

Just a swipe to the left shows them
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

simoncasey

Quote from: TimC on November 18, 2015, 08:24:41 PM
Quote from: simoncasey on November 18, 2015, 06:04:52 PM

Yes, I see one for the Muppets and another for Quantico.

Just a swipe to the left shows them

Aha. Never thought of that. Was a bit distracted by Blindspot coming soon when it's been on for a month.