Latest Skippa Manual and Firmware Links

Started by JPP, October 26, 2015, 10:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPP

I'm about to become a Johnny come lately Skippa owner.

As ICETV no longer host these files on their server, this is the place to go to.

No idea if there will be more updates for either manual or firmware, but at least we have the one stop shop/place for these files.

Thanks to Ian who seems to have religiously kept copies of these files.

Phil.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

bodogbodog

Happy to email it to you - send me a PM with your address and I'll send it in the morning
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

IanL-S

IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

JPP

Thanks Ian.

For the benefit of others as well, have do you also have the latest FW available on Dropbox? If so, I will edit the title of this thread and add & Firmware so that it's all together.

I ask, as the Forum's links to the Skippa documentation and FW are now broken - perhaps a legal requirement now that the new ICETV(2) company has no links to the defunct ICETV(1) company . So far the Skippa sub forum is still intact wrt all other posts/discussions, but should that cease, maybe we can start a thread dedicated to the Skippa on the Whirlpool Forum.

Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

IanL-S

Hi Phil

The latest firmware can be downloaded from DropBox

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80987217/upgrade_skippa.ice

The procedure to update the firmware is:

You can update the software (firmware) on your Skippa from a USB thumb drive if you have a copy of the software file (see below).
1.   Copy the downloaded upgrade_skippa.ice file onto a USB stick.
2.   Safely Remove or Unmount the USB stick from your computer.
3.   Insert the USB stick into a USB port on the rear of the Skippa.
4.   If the Skippa is in standby, turn it on and wait for it to finish loading.
5.   Press Menu on the remote control.
6.   Scroll down to Settings and press OK.
7.   Scroll down to "Device Info" and press OK.
8.   Press OK on "Check for Updates".
9.   A popup message should appear indicating that the USB upgrade is in progress.
10.   When the upgrade is complete the Skippa will automatically reboot.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help