What are your Skippa plans?

Started by create, October 23, 2015, 01:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bodogbodog

Quote from: FMB on October 29, 2015, 10:19:22 AM
Don't forget that you will need to add postage on top of what you offer.
Where are you located so we can calculate the likely postage cost?
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

FMB

Quote from: bodogbodog on October 29, 2015, 10:57:01 AM
Don't forget that you will need to add postage on top of what you offer.
Where are you located so we can calculate the likely postage cost?

Brisbane

warkus

FMB,

Something to note...

Once recordings cleared, format HDD just in case and allow unit to reboot in order to do this (there are cached files on your HDD that need clearing) and then after that has been done you should do the factory reset, let the unit reboot and when initial screen comes up with the circle on it, unplug power immediately.

Don't let it boot further.

Reason for this is in initial factory reset state the unit will scan for TV Stations and other things on initial boot and saves that data before it gets to the "enter your ICETV credentials" screen. So unless the person you sell it to is in the same area as you, this will clearly not be helpful to them.

Just thought this might help that's all. To format HDD, it's under storage 3 down from your recordings folder.

Mark

celicasx

My Paypal refund has hit my account, so I'm ready to sell my Skippa...
..If anyone wants to buy it off me, send me a PM with your best price. The highest price gets it. Don't forget that you will need to add postage on top of what you offer.

Sorry, I have a moral objection to what your suggesting.  Double dipping by getting a refund from Paypal and then flogging it off.

FMB

Quote from: celicasx on October 30, 2015, 09:04:52 PM
..If anyone wants to buy it off me, send me a PM with your best price. The highest price gets it. Don't forget that you will need to add postage on top of what you offer.

Sorry, I have a moral objection to what your suggesting.  Double dipping by getting a refund from Paypal and then flogging it off.

Yep, I have no morals at all. I'm using my refund to buy a replacement device. So, what to do with Skippa? I can't give it to charity. It has no value. There are people on here who are happy with their Skippa and have said they want another.

I'm curious, What would you do in my position?

nis200sx

Quote from: FMB on October 30, 2015, 09:37:23 PM

Maybe wait for those who didn't even receive their Skippa to receive their refunds before potentially jeopardising their refunds.

Or offer yours for sale without mentioning refunds.
Dave

Mac37

Yep, I have no morals at all. I'm using my refund to buy a replacement device. So, what to do with Skippa? I can't give it to charity. It has no value. There are people on here who are happy with their Skippa and have said they want another.

OK. Since - in your own words - it has no value - I'll offer you zero dollars ( Plus postage, of course) !!

Mac
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to   Linden TV 65

gibster

Quote from: mac37 on October 31, 2015, 01:00:47 AM

OK. Since - in your own words - it has no value - I'll offer you zero dollars ( Plus postage, of course) !!

Mac

I'll make it cost of postage plus $.05 :)
BeyonWiz V2

FMB

Let's clarify my position here. I received my Skippa. I recieved a full refund for perfectly valid reasons. I will not continue using my Skippa. I will spend almost the entire refund buying a Fetch TV. I won't end up any better off. There are several people have n here who did receive their Skippa and expressed interest in buying another. There are no New Skippa's for sale (atm).

I'm offering my Skippa to those people. I didn't say I was selling it at full price, but I will sell it for what I can get for it. I figure it's compensation for six months of pain and suffering.

If you wish to question my morals, go right ahead. I really couldn't care less. But if you do, you must also question the morals of those who received their Skippa and a full refund and now they're keeping it. As far as I'm concerned, that's just ripping off Paypal and more immoral than my actions.

So for those who want another Skippa, PM me your price. If not, get off your soapbox because I'm just not interested.

TimC

Quote from: FMB on October 31, 2015, 09:34:18 AM
get off your soapbox because I'm just not interested.

Hear Hear.

If someone finds a way forward. Good for them.

I'd like to know what can we do to get control over the Skippa firmware
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

JPP

Quote from: TimC on October 31, 2015, 10:34:06 AM
I'd like to know what can we do to get control over the Skippa firmware
Yes, that would be terrific if it could be achieved. I've now played around with my recently acquired Skippa, and so far I think it's a great little unit, EXCEPT for the very limited EPG "window". We use the EPG as our main program guide (we don't buy a paper guide in any shape or form) and like to browse it. Just having 4 channels on view at a time, and being unable to place them in the order we would like, is a real pain.

Nothing beats JustEPG (a Toppy TAP) in this regard, but if we have to have a time-line EPG, then at least be able to show 10 or more channels at the time. I'm also playing around with a Beyonwiz T2 (3 tuners) and I can at least have 10 or more channels showing on the one screen. Unfortunately, I've not yet been able to figure out a way to set the order in which they appear - even using Favourites still forces the LCN order.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

Jondalar

I'm happy with my Skippa so far, it's a shame it's lost the advert skipping but I have another IceTV enabled recorder (Topfield 2400) so IF IceTV get back to me about supporting the EPG on Skippa I'll probably pay the $8 per month.  Anyone know what's happening to the Humax 4Tune EPG which was being supplied by IceTV?

Cheers,
Karl

bodogbodog

Quote from: Jondalar on November 02, 2015, 03:11:51 PM
I'm happy with my Skippa so far, it's a shame it's lost the advert skipping

Karl - good news for you! - go to this location @ http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/97066117-How-to-update-the-software-from-a-USB-stick and follow the instructions to upgrade the Skippa Firmware to the latest version - stability and Ad Skipping will return to your Skippa

Let us know how you get on - but I think you will be happy with the outcome after the firmware upgrade
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Jondalar on November 02, 2015, 03:11:51 PM
I'm happy with my Skippa so far, it's a shame it's lost the advert skipping but I have another IceTV enabled recorder (Topfield 2400) so IF IceTV get back to me about supporting the EPG on Skippa I'll probably pay the $8 per month.  Anyone know what's happening to the Humax 4Tune EPG which was being supplied by IceTV?

One IceTV subscription will cover your Skippa and your Topfield.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Jondalar

Thanks for the replies, I'll let you know how I go.

Cheers,
Karl