What are your Skippa plans?

Started by create, October 23, 2015, 01:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

create

Now that Skippa is an unsupported product and there will be no further firmware updates, what are your plans for your Skippa?

• Are you going to sign up the IceTV EPG service?
    Are you going to sell your Skippa?
    Are you planning to stick it in the cupboard and forget about it?

How many Skippa's actually made it into the "wild"?

IanL-S

I plan on continuing to use my SKIPPA. As I have many other IceTV enabled devices the incremental cost of using it is zero.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

gas667

Binned. I'll rip out the drive and that will be the end of it but only after the ACCC gets back to me. I'm pretty sure what their answer will be so then i'll rip out the drive and bin the rest.

I only have the 1 Icetv device and i'm not paying an extra $500 over the so called 5 year life for that one device and as the the New Icetv is pretty much the old Icetv I won't deal with them again.

FMB

My plan is to remain on hold for the time being. I will await the results of the claim I lodged with PayPal. I have not set up a monthly subscription and am not using my Skippa at the moment. It's still plugged in and turned on, but isn't downloading a guide.

If PayPal gives me a full refund, I will throw my Skippa in a cupboard and forget about it. I will then decide what to buy as a replacement (probably Fetch). If my claim is refused, I'll consider my options then.

bodogbodog

Quote from: gas667 on October 23, 2015, 03:03:07 PM
Binned. I'll rip out the drive and that will be the end of it but only after the ACCC gets back to me. I'm pretty sure what their answer will be so then i'll rip out the drive and bin the rest.

Gas667 - Please don't do that as some of us need the parts to repair out units. I would like to pick up your unit (without HDD) for spares - some of us did receive Skippa's but have hardware issues and of course there's now no warranty support
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

Paul55

Quote from: bodogbodog on October 23, 2015, 03:52:09 PM
I would like to pick up your unit (without HDD) for spares

Far better (and more sensible) use than turning it into landfill.

hoadie

I'm definitely using mine. I'd like another, with or without HDD. Overall I'm very happy with the unit and IceTV's service.

TimC

There are a number of people that would like to purchase unwanted Skippas, either for spares, or for additional recording capabilities. Personally I don't. 
Does anyone have a price that they would pay or sell one for?
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

Aussiebec

I'm sitting on the fence. I received my skippa and just received notice from PayPal they've decided in my favour. I might pay for the icetv while i will search for an alternate using the fta.

The other thing I'm debating with myself is how convenient it is and the Sunday paper I think is $2.80 a week and I only bought it for the guide.   I don't like that it relies on ice and you can't program manual recordings.

EdQld

I just finished setting up my new PVR9600 ($168 DSE special) and very happy with the look & feel of it, here's hoping for a reliable experience and ongoing f/w support from NAS Australia, the new distributor

Ready to put my Skippa on eBay I think, not sure of what price I should put on it yet

My Unit works well but I'm not happy to pay a monthly IceTV EPG subscription after having paid for the Skippa with a included Lifetime subscription for the IceTV EPG   >:(

kp3560

I intend using my Skippa, from what I have done so far its great.
Records everthing - flicks adds out everything as advertised.
I will subscribe to Ice TV when I need to for the Skippa and my Humax.
If any one does not want to subscribe to Ice TV and have working Skippa I am interested in another for my wife
Great unit

Crawfo

We will sign up the IceTV EPG service and keep using our Skippa, we are very happy with how the Skippa functions and the auto-scheduling via IceTV. 

kp3560

I'm definitely using mine. I'd like another, with or without HDD. Overall I'm very happy with the unit and IceTV's service
just missed out buying another. will keep looking

Dacho

I'll be keeping mine. Love the functionality, mine's stable at FW604.  There are some requested improvements which I'll put on the appropriate forum page. Prepared to pay the ongoing fee for the ongoing functionality.

FMB

My Paypal refund has hit my account, so I'm ready to sell my Skippa. I said right from the beginning that if Skippa required a monthly subscription, I wouldn't look twice at it. I have so many monthly deductions already, I don't need any more.

So, I'll clear out the few recordings on there, do a factory reset and pack it away in its original box (minus the HDMI cable which I've used elsewhere). If anyone wants to buy it off me, send me a PM with your best price. The highest price gets it. Don't forget that you will need to add postage on top of what you offer.