Erroneous Timer Error messages

Started by JPP, October 22, 2015, 07:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPP

I've been getting erroneous timer conflict email messages for my Toppy No 1 PVR of late.

Tomorrow's Movie Killing Them Softly for example, is flagged as a timer conflict, in spite of SBS being the ONLY tuner being used.

The Timer has however, been set on the PVR, so it would appear that the error detecting software is not working properly atm, at least on my Account.

Show Name:   Movie: Killing Them Softly
Channel:   SBS ONE
Time:   2015-10-23 20:35:00
Duration:   100
Device Label:   Toppy No 1
Device Type:   Topfield TRF-2400
Message from recorder:   TASK_MSG_TIMER_CONFLICT
Last Updated:   2015-10-22 18:24:02
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

Dave at IceTV

Usually in these cases it's a result of the PVR trying to set an updated schedule on top of an existing schedule - instead of replacing or updating the original schedule.

The 20:35 start time suggests that the start may time may have changed from 20:30 to 20:35. If I'm right the schedule on the Topfield should show a 20:30 start time.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

JPP

Hmm.. the timer shows an 8.35pm start (and 10:15pm finish). So maybe it didn't (couldn't) update the first timer as you suggest.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

IanL-S

The Topfield firmware does not handle time changes intelligently when there are consecutive timers on same LCN. If the commencement time is updated to a later time, the Toppy tries to update the first timer but cannot do so because it clashes with the second timer (because it has not been updated). I reported this problem to Topfield, both in Australia and Korea a long time back, but nothing has been done to fix it by way of a firmware update.

It would not be so bad if it left the first timer in place, but often it is deleted before the Toppy realises that it cannot schedule the updated timer. The Toppy apparently deletes the old timer and creates a new one, rather than editing the existing timer.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help