"The Big Bang Theory" adds "The Talk"

Started by denebarry, October 21, 2015, 05:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

denebarry

keyword:include all search options that contain the selection term ("---the big bang theory---")  I also get "The Talk" on Tas Dig

Dave at IceTV

The Talk must have those 4 words in it's synopsys (in any order and /or with other words between them).

Once you have created a keyword (preference) you can click on them and edit them by hand by typing in the text field that shows your keyword. Anytime I setup a keyword (preference) for a phrase with multiple words I enclose them in double quotes:

"the big bang theory"

Or even better also restrict it to only search the titles of shows (if the phrase is the title of a show)

title:"the big bang theory"

Note: The My Series page on the website displays the keywords with single quotes, that don't really exist in the actual keyword. So after editing your keyword to be "the big bang theory" and saving the change it will appear as '"the big bang theory"' in My Series on the website. Just ignore the ' ' single quotes.

By the way, for a show that is in the IceTV database as a known series you are better off setting up a series recording for that show and not creating a keyword. The only time you would want to create a keyword recording for a known series would be if you needed something complicated, like only wanting to record certain episodes of a series. e.g.

title:"the big bang theory" -"unwanted guest actor's name"

or to only record specific motorsport races but not any qualifying broadcasts.

title:MotoGP -qualifying

title:"Formula One" -qualifying -practice
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

denebarry

I'm a bit lost between series and keyword.
How do I record a series?

prl

Quote from: denebarry@gmail.com on October 21, 2015, 05:19:57 PM
I'm a bit lost between series and keyword.
How do I record a series?

Find the program in the TV Guide tab or in the Coming Soon tab, click on the program entry, and when it opens, click on "Schedule new recording". In the popup, check the settings and then click on Add Recording. For more control, click on Advanced options and check those settings before you click on Add Recording.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

denebarry

I give up. Did exactly as above and still getting 'the talk' added to my timers because 'the big bang theory' is in the description.
What next?

Dave at IceTV

When you delete or modify a keyword recording any schedules created by the keyword can remain in My Week.

- Series recordings are what you see with the 3 red overlapping dots.
- Keyword recordings appear with a red magnifying glass.

To set a series recording just click on the show in the TV Guide (or Most Popular or Coming Soon) then click on Schedule New Recording then Add Recording.

If you have a look in My Series any keyword recordings are listed at the top of the page, with series recordings below them.
https://www.icetv.com.au/tv-guide/myshows

Keyword recordings can be, and are most commonly, set accidentally when using the phone app to search for a show. Be careful what you click on after the search results appear.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: denebarry@gmail.com on October 21, 2015, 07:20:04 PM

I give up. Did exactly as above and still getting 'the talk' added to my timers because 'the big bang theory' is in the description.
What next?

I've replaced your 4 keywords with series recordings for those same 4 shows.

You should change your forum username to something else instead of your email address - unless you like lots of spam. You can change it here:
http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/profile/area=account
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

denebarry

Oops, still getting 'The Talk' added and recorded. Haven't changed anything since you adjusted my series Dave.
Could you have a look please.