9 & GEM Sydney Guide showing "Unavailable"

Started by ChrisW, October 29, 2015, 10:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisW

I've only just realised that the guide for Ch9 and GEM (Sydney) is showing "Unavailable" for all of this week, with the exception of 1 or 2 shows listed each day - mainly movies. The data appears to be complete after 19:00 Saturday.

Strangely, GO data seems to be complete all week.

This is happening on the Skippa guide only - Beyonwiz, Toppy, Win Phone app, iPad app and browser all appear to have complete data for these channels.

I've also just realised that TVS (ch14) data is completely missing on both the Skippa and Beyonwiz, however it does appear in the apps and browser.

Is there any way to force the Skippa to reload all EPG data without doing a Reset, which drops and rescans all the channels, etc?

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Yep, under the General menu select the Restart option and during startup it will do a full re-cache.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: ChrisW on October 29, 2015, 10:28:52 AM
I've also just realised that TVS (ch14) data is completely missing on both the Skippa and Beyonwiz, however it does appear in the apps and browser.

It sounds like you have mixed up two channels with similar names and similar channel numbers.

• Network Ten's channel 14 is TVSN (Television Shopping Network) and IceTV doesn't provide guide data for shopping channels.
  • Sydney's community channel is TVS (Television Sydney) on channel 44 which IceTV does provide guide data for.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

ChrisW

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on October 29, 2015, 12:34:14 PM
Quote from: ChrisW on October 29, 2015, 10:28:52 AM

It sounds like you have mixed up two channels with similar names and similar channel numbers.

• Network Ten's channel 14 is TVSN (Television Shopping Network) and IceTV doesn't provide guide data for shopping channels.
  • Sydney's community channel is TVS (Television Sydney) on channel 44 which IceTV does provide guide data for.

Thanks Dave.

I rarely watch TVS but I knew it normally had EPG data, and that there was a "4" in the channel number. I just assumed they were one and the same - I obviously didn't scroll down far enough to see TVS at 44.

What a confusing name similarity!?

ChrisW

All good now, following a restart.

Thanks again Daniel and Dave.