IceTV Resurrected

Started by Dave at IceTV, October 16, 2015, 11:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on November 05, 2015, 01:58:52 PM
Quote from: lee_s on November 04, 2015, 10:33:18 PM
Quote from: JPP on November 04, 2015, 07:07:49 PM
    Hi Dave,

I would like to set up an automatic payment from my end using Internet Banking. What are the account details I should use and what would be my starting date, allowing for some 3-4 days for transaction delay.

Likewise. I'll soon get sick of manually logging in and renewing my subscription every month but I won't be giving anyone open slather on my credit card either ie automatic renewal. Not happening.

If I can have some account details and a reference number I will set up a monthly automatic payment at my end.

I imagine JPP and I are not the only ones that want to do this.

JPP and Lee, check your personal message boxes:
http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/pm/

I would be interested in this as well.  I would rather set up the payments on my end, not through IceTV - no offence  :P
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: Chopsus on November 05, 2015, 02:32:20 PM
OK - so I got the same impression (being held to ransom by ICETV and my T3, so have renewed ... before I renewed it told me my account expired yesterday ... now it is telling me my account will expire on the 10th of November (in 5 days time) despite having just paid for one month with auto renew! ... WTF, shouldn't it be at least December or am I being charged for the period you guys were in administration?

Your account has been setup for Auto Renew successfully, and to allow the first renewal to occur your account was then extended by a couple of days.

One thing I should point out (that appears to have tripped up a few people) is that just enabling auto-renew does not immediately process a payment. Automatic renewals are processed once a day a few days out from the end of your expiry, so just enabling Auto Renewal in the My Account section of the IceTV website will not immediately process a payment to extend your account, this will happen within the next 24 to 48 hours.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

tb123

Ok, so I haven't read all of the last 10 pages - however I have not renewed my subscription yet, I will, however thought we still had a week.

I get an error on my IceTV iPad app when trying to set a recording, it tells me that no recorders are configured and on my Android device it tells me that I do not have a full menership even though I am logged in. I have confirmed by the web interface that my 2 recorders are still configured.
Is this normal until I pay for renewal???

Right, so, I logged in to My Account and was told it expired today, the 5th, not quite the extra week I thought I was going to get, paid for the subscription and can now set recordings again.......

Twain

Quote from: csutak40 on November 05, 2015, 06:55:23 PM
I would be interested in this as well.  I would rather set up the payments on my end, not through IceTV - no offence  :P

I also am interested in IceTV allowing payments to be made to their bank account via user-instigated automated bank transfers -as doing direct debits from my bank account is a big no-no, and would be a deal breaker for me.

Eelsfan05

Quote from: Twain on November 05, 2015, 07:22:42 PM
Quote from: csutak40 on November 05, 2015, 06:55:23 PM

I also am interested in IceTV allowing payments to be made to their bank account via user-instigated automated bank transfers -as doing direct debits from my bank account is a big no-no, and would be a deal breaker for me.

I have buckled and decided I can't live without IceTV:) Id rather bank transfer payment as well.

denebarry

Quote from: mkwilson on November 05, 2015, 01:00:15 PM
Quote from: raymondjpg on November 05, 2015, 10:06:57 AM
Quote from: mkwilson on November 05, 2015, 10:02:03 AMWhere are you observing the Invoice #?

Under Transaction details in the confirmatory email they sent you. Mine is #349 at 0940 EST.

Ta. I didn't get a confirmation email (not in Junk mail folder either). . Re-subscription seems to have worked though.
I didn't get one either.

dddp

Quote from: kazz on November 05, 2015, 03:52:12 PM
Quote from: dddp on November 05, 2015, 03:15:50 PM
trying to pay for a month and keep getting the message "Error in data returned from payment gateway, please contact support" and can't complete the process

perhaps it's because i use a PO Box as my address and next to this entry field it says "Note: we are unable to deliver to P.O. Boxes." - so what exactly does get delivered anyway? This same address was acceptable in the past - not sure why it isn't now nor why a street address is even needed given nothing gets sent to it!

so what's the story here, is my PO Box address now a problem?

I have a PO Box for both delivery and billing address and my renewal went through with no issues, I got that message too and just ignored it as I've always had the PO Box.

thanks for your reply

still getting the error message "Error in data returned from payment gateway, please contact support" and cant pay
Two Wizzs, a P2 and a P1

Garywg

Invoice number: 978

I thought there were 16000 subscribers?

spinifex

Invoice number:  982

Paid for 2 months with a cc and the payment went straight through.

snuke

Quote from: sys2061 on November 05, 2015, 04:06:15 PM
Quote from: Dave at IceTV on November 05, 2015, 01:46:28 PM
Quote from: snuke on November 05, 2015, 01:38:33 AM
RSS Feed is available to subscribers only

Farewell ICE TV.

There hasn't been an RSS feed for about a year now.

That's weird, because it's still there. It even started working again today when I paid for a month.

It's linked from the TV Guide page, among others:
<link href="/tv-guide/index.cgi?op=myupcomingshows_rss&auth_uuid=REDACTED" rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" />

Mine is still there too. Maybe it is just legacy, I know I still get RSS feeds form both Facebook and Twitter, but they stopped offering them years ago.

Jondalar

OK so I've setup Auto-renew and 2 days later it's still saying I have no orders and my account will expire on November 10.  Currently everything seems to be working with the iPhone app and my Skippa and Topfield 2400.  Will it auto-renew or do I need to manually add a month?

TimC

Quote from: Jondalar on November 06, 2015, 02:28:04 PM
Will it auto-renew or do I need to manually add a month?

From what I understand AutoUpdate does not transfer any money until the account is about to expire (Day before?)
Then it transfers.
I would expect the status to show Nov 10 until about Nov 9 and then change to Dec 9

Whether it works as advertised or or not is another question
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

mkwilson

Quote from: denebarry on November 05, 2015, 08:29:13 PM
Quote from: mkwilson on November 05, 2015, 01:00:15 PM
Quote from: raymondjpg on November 05, 2015, 10:06:57 AM
Quote from: mkwilson on November 05, 2015, 10:02:03 AMWhere are you observing the Invoice #?

Under Transaction details in the confirmatory email they sent you. Mine is #349 at 0940 EST.

Ta. I didn't get a confirmation email (not in Junk mail folder either). . Re-subscription seems to have worked though.
I didn't get one either.

I suspect, that if you renewed by going directly to 'enable auto-renew', then providing card details (like me), you will only get an invoice when your short-term subscription is about to expire (Nov 9-10). For this reason, I doubt that the number of the latest invoice is a reliable measure of how many people have opted to renew.

grb2002

So, I've done the right thing and re-subscribed today. My Account says my expiry date is in 29 days!
I know it's only a couple of days, but given all the pre-payments we have lost, I assumed my 30 days would start at the end of the grace period. Way to reward your loyal subscribers!
Or am I just a miserable git who should get over it?
Anyway, remind me to wait until a few days after the end of the month next time.

csutak40

Quote from: grb2002 on November 07, 2015, 08:06:10 PM
So, I've done the right thing and re-subscribed today. My Account says my expiry date is in 29 days!
I know it's only a couple of days, but given all the pre-payments we have lost, I assumed my 30 days would start at the end of the grace period. Way to reward your loyal subscribers!
Or am I just a miserable git who should get over it?
Anyway, remind me to wait until a few days after the end of the month next time.

Must say I, too, presumed that the subscription would start from the end of the grace period.  However, I think, going forward, your next payment will start from the end of the last, regardless of when you pay it.
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,